Videokarma.org

Go Back   Videokarma.org TV - Video - Vintage Television & Radio Forums > Introductions

We appreciate your help

in keeping this site going.

Old 03-14-2011, 01:20 AM
VK Member

Vidiot drops in

Hey, gang. Looks like a fascinating website.

I'm a huge video buff, going back many decades. I've probably owned at least a hundred Beta and VHS machines over the years, and worked in video professionally as a mastering engineer since 1979.

I owned a Betamax since the day they came out in February of 1976 and far too many tapes. I had to testify three times in the Universal/Sony lawsuit here in LA, and also worked as a staff writer for several video magazines (all now defunct), including the old Videophile magazine, as well as Video Review and Video magazines, and even a short stint with Perfect Vision.

I still have a great affection for old video formats, though I'm currently embracing the future, transferring everything of value over to hard drives for posterity. (Like I'm ever really gonna watch any of this crap someday.)

If and when I have time, I'll drop in from time to time and will relate some war stories and participate in the messages here. I was on the front lines covering the video format battles of the 1970s and 1980s, and have a few good tales to tell.
Old 03-14-2011, 04:45 PM
RCA 741PCS

Welcome to VK! I look forward to your war stories