Videokarma.org

Go Back   Videokarma.org TV - Video - Vintage Television & Radio Forums > Things with Motors

We appreciate your help

in keeping this site going.

Old 04-23-2021, 06:59 PM
VideoKarma Member

Movie car rental

OK, I listed my 1960 Cadillac Sedan deVille via my insurer on their movie car website link. That is their endorsement by them. All quiet until last Tue. The broker called and wants my Cad in NYC next week for the Marvelous Mrs. Maisel series on Amazon at the Plaza Hotel (closed for now) as a parked "background" car. Not a travelling "hero" car used by the stars. The rental seems to be a fair price for this first outing but I will examine further as I learn this.

The broker seems to be a legit movie car rental broker alongside him being a lawyer and a band manager. Multitasking. He is not a kid with a bunch of K cars for rent but a real citizen with vintage automobile bona fides and doing his best to assure me of protecting my Cad with contracts and insurance. No internet complaints to be found.

I would not drive it to the set because of the distance, turnpikes and tunnels to negotiate, so he is picking it up on a trailer after he returns a Rolls Royce to near Harrisburg, PA and will get mine on the way back. He will store it in his garage in Nyack, NY for a few days until needed.

I have to give up control of the car to the broker and the movie company and pray. He assures me he will be there to protect and lots of insurance is in place. I cannot get on set with the Covid protections in place, so I will take Amtrak to NYC on my senior discount to watch from the edges and then have dinner with an old friend Emily to encourage her Asian safety these days.

Has anyone had any experience renting a car for a movie? Unknown territory here but fun if it works. Mrs. Maisel needs this car. Maybe they need an old radio or tv. I can help. Stay tuned for updates.
Attached Images
File Type: jpg 60Cad.jpg (125.3 KB, 39 views)

Last edited by Dave A; 04-23-2021 at 07:14 PM. Reason: text
Old 09-18-2021, 09:43 PM

Yes I have done it many times with some of my cars. Never had a bad experience....yet. And the Production Insurance Package on a big series (like Maisel) is a very good & strong policy IF any damage were to happen to your Cadillac. PS - Love the 1960 Cad! I have a '57 Eldorado myself (needs restoring)
Old 09-22-2021, 06:28 AM
60s Throwback

If you've ever seen the movie "Lovers and Other Strangers", the green MG that they used belonged to my friend. He said they made a mess out of the car when he got it back.