Videokarma.org

Go Back   Videokarma.org TV - Video - Vintage Television & Radio Forums > Diagnostic & Test Equipment

We appreciate your help

in keeping this site going.

Old 04-30-2013, 09:07 PM
BigDavesTV

Question on a Telematic Color Test Jig?

I recently came across this 19" Color Test Jig, I believe it to be a Telematic, only because it has many Telematic test adapters for yokes and a Telematic Inverter for the jig yoke. I'll attach a couple pic's., to see if anyone can help me identify this unit, and hopefully, help me with proper adapter codes for connecting an RCA, CTC-38 Chassis, and a Zenith, 20CC50 Chassis. Of course, the setup guides are all missing, but this CRT seems to check good on a generic test, since there is no CRT Type Number Tag anywhere on it! Any help will be greatly appreciated, thanks in advance.
Attached Images
File Type: jpg Telematic_1.jpg (55.5 KB, 20 views)
File Type: jpg Telematic_2.jpg (90.6 KB, 29 views)
Old 05-01-2013, 09:22 AM
VideoKarma Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by BigDavesTV View Post
I recently came across this 19" Color Test Jig, I believe it to be a Telematic, only because it has many Telematic test adapters for yokes and a Telematic Inverter for the jig yoke. I'll attach a couple pic's., to see if anyone can help me identify this unit, and hopefully, help me with proper adapter codes for connecting an RCA, CTC-38 Chassis, and a Zenith, 20CC50 Chassis. Of course, the setup guides are all missing, but this CRT seems to check good on a generic test, since there is no CRT Type Number Tag anywhere on it! Any help will be greatly appreciated, thanks in advance.
IIRC, the inverter is used for impedence match for the yoke, on solid state sets.
You might be able to use it as-is on the CTC38, as the yoke has an octal plug. For the Zenith, you have to fabricate an octal to Molex adaptor.
Convergence is another issue. Telematic used to sell convergence dummy loads.
BTW, the CRT is probably a 19XP22 or simular, hivolt focus, delta gun.
Old 05-01-2013, 09:32 AM
BigDavesTV

Thanks, dieseljeep for your response! I hope to hear from others as well, the shop I worked in, years ago, didn't have any type of test jig, (crt substituter), we put the console cabinets up on carts, and did repair the hard way!