Videokarma.org

Go Back   Videokarma.org TV - Video - Vintage Television & Radio Forums > Introductions

We appreciate your help

in keeping this site going.

Old 09-12-2015, 08:57 PM
VideoKarma Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by DavGoodlin View Post
Welcome to VK, I started at the same age you did, when NOBODY wanted a tube radio.
You have a nice collection and like Jim said, Phil Nelson has a fantastic website that takes you from the beginnings of how to do it right.

BTW-I have one like that B&W portable GE tube set on the right side, those radios had the 1R5-1U4-1U5-3V4 common to battery radios of the 50's. Mine is red-orange but missing its handle. Those sets need some special care so the delicate filaments of those 1.5-volt tubes are not stressed.

Please send me a P-M if you need any funky tubes for radios and Ill mail them cheap, not like the fleabay tube hucksters
Thank you for the advise! The portable radio that you were speaking of is actually a very special radio to me because it was originally my mom's cousin Dale's. He got it for Christmas at the age of twelve back in 1956! He told me that he listened to it quite often back in the day and he said that he received a station from Mexico all the way from his home in Western New York State! Unfortunately, the radio has been completely dead for years but he passed it on to me with the hope that I could fix it. I have no intention of letting him down.