Videokarma.org

Go Back   Videokarma.org TV - Video - Vintage Television & Radio Forums > Television Broadcast Gear

We appreciate your help

in keeping this site going.

Old 01-20-2015, 08:00 PM
VideoKarma Member

RCA TK-30A Schematic

Last summer a lot of the old and broken A/V equipment in the Electronics program I'm in was cleaned out and they where getting rid of a decrepit TK-30A. I was tempted to take the whole thing, but it was abused and modified through the years and I just didn't have the space honestly to keep it. I harvested all the hardware and tubes, especially the complete Image tube and coil assembly and CRT coils.
I want eventually to build a solid state (except for the Orthicon) camera and composite TV monitor. It would really help if I could get a copy of the schematic and maybe the voltage and test signal charts. Does anyone have scans of them or knows somewhere to get a copy of them?
Old 01-20-2015, 08:30 PM
M is for Memory

Jeez! Given how many grand a nice one sells for I'd have taken it whole, resold it, and bought any parts I needed for such a project with the money....If you haven't seen another it is generally a good idea to look into what you can get for it BEFORE parting it out.

Zenith: The quality stays in EVEN after the name falls off!
What I want. --> http://www.videokarma.org/showpost.p...62&postcount=4
Old 01-21-2015, 10:49 PM
VideoKarma Member

yes sadly you've destroyed any historical and monetary value it may have had by removing the original components, the value of an shell/non original camera is a lot less than with its original parts, whatever state they were in.

Sadly i see this quite often, pulling the guts out of old gear and putting new stuff in. I'd almost call it vandalism.

If you wanted a "working" prop there are plenty of ways to achieve that now without gutting the original parts.
Old 01-22-2015, 11:29 AM
VideoKarma Member

So quick to judge with only part of the story. Yes I took the parts out of a valuable piece of electronic history, but it was on the way to be carted off to a scrap yard and I had no way of transporting a huge machine. With only a bike for transport and not enough time to arrange for someone to help move it, much less enough room to store it or know anyone that could immediately take it I did the only sensible thing. I salvaged what I could so not all of it would be crushed and melted or the coils yanked out for copper.
Better to put the image tube assembly and CRT in my backpack than let it all be dropped into a dumpster and broken to pieces.
To calm you down here's something that they thankfully realized was of enough importance to be preserved.
Attached Images
File Type: jpg 2015-01-22 10.23.40.jpg (34.4 KB, 27 views)