Videokarma.org

Go Back   Videokarma.org TV - Video - Vintage Television & Radio Forums > Early Color Television

We appreciate your help

in keeping this site going.

Old 12-15-2011, 07:33 PM
Nipper Rules

charlie brown

well, last week it was Rudolph, now its Peanuts. I revert back to a kid whenever this is on. It always brings me back. This "Stockholm" is my daily watcher now. I picked it up last year thinking i would use it for parts for the one my parents bought new because the owner told me it had been sitting in her basement for 30 years and i didnt have alot of hope for it......Stupid me. Its an earlier model than the other one, but its been a blast fixing it up. The reward is i get to watch this stuff on it ,Happy Holidays.
Attached Images
File Type: jpg 167.jpg (54.5 KB, 114 views)
Old 12-15-2011, 08:17 PM
Nipper Rules

charlie brown

another screen shot
Attached Images
File Type: jpg 166.jpg (51.7 KB, 70 views)
Old 12-15-2011, 09:54 PM
See yourself on Color TV!

Quote:
Originally Posted by bgk283 View Post
well, last week it was Rudolph, now its Peanuts. I revert back to a kid whenever this is on. It always brings me back. This "Stockholm" is my daily watcher now. I picked it up last year thinking i would use it for parts for the one my parents bought new because the owner told me it had been sitting in her basement for 30 years and i didnt have alot of hope for it......Stupid me. Its an earlier model than the other one, but its been a blast fixing it up. The reward is i get to watch this stuff on it ,Happy Holidays.
Psychiatric help 5 cents - is that a hint for your fellow TV collectors?

Happy Holidays!
Old 12-15-2011, 10:55 PM
VideoKarma Member

nothing like watching Christmas shows on an old roundie. My Stockholm will be having "A Christmas Story" on at least once on Christmas eve.
Old 12-16-2011, 06:24 AM
Administrator

Is it okay to be jealous now?

Beautiful!
Old 12-16-2011, 07:41 AM
sampson159

like going back to woolcos in the 60s!i watched charlie brown in their electronics dept back in the 60s.also the flintstones,jetsons,top cat,etc.
Old 12-16-2011, 02:46 PM
Gizmo Nut

That is a sweet set!! I dont have any working old color tv's yet so I had to watch it in B&W.
Old 12-16-2011, 02:59 PM
"Book em Dano!"

Nice set! Glad you decided to fix it instead of parting it. Has a very nice picture on it. Cabinet is nice too. Like the hang-tag. I think Old tv nut is right, we all need a little psychiatric help. Started with one set and now have 16. Half are color roundies!
I remember Woolco dept stores. There were of the Woolworth family of stores. Went out of business in the late eighty's or early nineties I believe right along with Zody's and Two Guys and Pic & save, Whitefronts and The Treasury. I lived in So California.
Old 12-16-2011, 03:45 PM
Nipper Rules

after i posted that picture, i thought about the psychiatric diagnoses of this. I guess it doesnt really matter, there are worse things in the world to be obsessed with. After i got involved with this again last year, i now have 5 good CRTs in the basement of my house and a friend of mine asked me if i was planning on living to be 2oo years old.....I am really glad i found this website, i used to think i was a lone nut case.
Old 12-16-2011, 04:53 PM
VideoKarma Member

Talking

My health insurance would still make me pay the co-pay even if the doctor only charges 5 cents.
Old 12-16-2011, 07:40 PM
M is for Memory

Quote:
Originally Posted by mstaton View Post
Nice set! Glad you decided to fix it instead of parting it. Has a very nice picture on it. Cabinet is nice too. Like the hang-tag. I think Old tv nut is right, we all need a little psychiatric help. Started with one set and now have 16. Half are color roundies!
I remember Woolco dept stores. There were of the Woolworth family of stores. Went out of business in the late eighty's or early nineties I believe right along with Zody's and Two Guys and Pic & save, Whitefronts and The Treasury. I lived in So California.
There is a Pick & Save supermarket chain that operates here in Wi....could they be related?

Zenith: The quality stays in EVEN after the name falls off!
What I want. --> http://www.videokarma.org/showpost.p...62&postcount=4
Old 12-17-2011, 04:28 AM
"Book em Dano!"

It's possible there are some still around.
Old 12-17-2011, 08:19 AM
VideoKarma Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by bgk283 View Post
after i posted that picture, i thought about the psychiatric diagnoses of this. I guess it doesnt really matter, there are worse things in the world to be obsessed with. After i got involved with this again last year, i now have 5 good CRTs in the basement of my house and a friend of mine asked me if i was planning on living to be 2oo years old.....I am really glad i found this website, i used to think i was a lone nut case.

you're not alone...I started this madness about 2yrs ago after a LONG break (35yrs). and your right this website and the internet in general just lets us nut cases find each other