Videokarma.org

Go Back   Videokarma.org TV - Video - Vintage Television & Radio Forums > Game Tech & How To

We appreciate your help

in keeping this site going.

Old 04-17-2016, 01:47 PM
VideoKarma Member

First Gaming PC No signal on monitor.

UPDATE: I let my friend write this because he was building his first gaming PC and had an issue, he ended up replacing his mobo and he's fine now thank you all though.

So I just finished building my first gaming PC. Everything turns on all the LED's and Fans. I plugged my HDMI cable to my graphics card to my monitor and it said no signal. Then I tried the VGA cable with a VGA adapter and it still displayed no signal. I also used the HDMI input on my motherboard and it still didn't work. I also plugged my keyboard to test it and the lights didn't light up. My specs: I7 6700k MSI Krait Gaming Mothoerboard Gtx 980ti EVGA GQ 750w power supply Hp 1080p monitor.

This is posted on PCPartPicker.com too

https://pcpartpicker.com/forums/topi...nal-on-monitor

Last edited by 1980'sTVman; 08-08-2016 at 03:14 PM. Reason: added somethin
Old 04-18-2016, 10:46 AM
M is for Memory

Has the monitor worked on other sources before? Do you know for sure that your cables are good?

Zenith: The quality stays in EVEN after the name falls off!
What I want. --> http://www.videokarma.org/showpost.p...62&postcount=4
Old 06-11-2016, 11:52 AM
VideoKarma Member

Check the power cables on the video card. I forget about those a lot. Also make sure your screen is plugged in before you power on the PC so that port will be activated. At worst take out the video card and use the onboard to configure the BIOS. ake sure it boots PCI-E graphics first and make sure that card is EFI compatible (it should be) and set the BIOS accordingly.
Old 07-05-2016, 03:47 PM
VideoKarma Member

Unfortunately it's also possible that your card is DOA, but it's more than likely one of the above issues.

Re-seating it a few times could be a potential solution as well before you dive into the BIOS. Note that I said a few times. I had a card that appeared to stop working. Re-seated once. Nothing. Twice, nothing. Of course when I brought it in for a professional to look at it, and they re-seated it time number 3, it worked just fine. A nice $100 vacation for my computer.