Videokarma.org

Go Back   Videokarma.org TV - Video - Vintage Television & Radio Forums > Introductions

We appreciate your help

in keeping this site going.

Old 01-02-2014, 08:28 PM
VideoKarma Member

Cool 1957 Admiral Imperial 400 needs a 21ATP4

Hello all, I'm new on this forum but have been reading it for quite a while. I found this Admiral on the side of the road back in 1987. I have kept it all these years because of it's amazing style...lots of brass trim duel speakers cool grille cloth. The cabinet has issues (mostly spot on top) but I think it is really worth saving. I have collected mostly 7" and 10" sets over the years. Except for the space large sets take up...I really like the outrages looking consoles. now back to the point. I do realize that a 21ATP4 may not be that easy to find...in fact a friend of mine has posted on here looking for this tube a few years ago. No luck. I figured I would give it another try. I always thought I would find a parts set to sacrifice in order to get my tv going. Any Ideas?
Old 01-02-2014, 09:01 PM
VideoKarma Member

Welcome! You're kinda like the New Year's baby here!

There's one for sale on ebay right now for only (gulp) $699.00. But, it also has make an offer, so you have nothing to loose to make one. http://www.ebay.com/itm/NEW-OLD-STOC...item2a258009bb

If you're a member on ebay you can save a search for a 21ATP4 and they'll alert you when another comes up.
Old 01-02-2014, 09:41 PM
Motorola Minion

That is not a rare tube at all, despite some ebay price distortion. I
have a 1957 Silvertone that needs a 21CBP4, nearly the same tube.
Any 90 degree deflection, 21" tube set may be a transplant candidate.
Old 01-02-2014, 10:04 PM
VideoKarma Member

Thanks John, I just bought the tube! He accepted my bid which was much lower than the asking price. I check ebay all the time and I didn't see that tube. Well...time to recap an Admiral chassis! Thanks a million!
Old 01-03-2014, 08:20 AM
VideoKarma Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by Electro44 View Post
Thanks John, I just bought the tube! He accepted my bid which was much lower than the asking price. I check ebay all the time and I didn't see that tube. Well...time to recap an Admiral chassis! Thanks a million!
$200 seems a bit high, but it is supply vs. demand, and you never know how long you'd have to wait for another to show up. Seeing you've had this TV for so long, and have high hopes for it, $200 may have been a very good deal for you. Good luck with the restoration!

Audiokarma
Old 01-24-2021, 05:04 PM
VideoKarma Member

21atp4

I know its a few years too late- But I have one and all you need to do is come and get it. Tests good on my B nd K 467.
Old 01-25-2021, 11:03 AM
VideoKarma Member

Hi Kirk, I did get a replacement 21ATP4 tube...If you looking to get rid of the one you have I wouldn't mind having a spare. I'm in Bellingham ma...not to far from you. Thank you! Dave 508-298-