Videokarma.org

Go Back   Videokarma.org TV - Video - Vintage Television & Radio Forums > Early Color Television

We appreciate your help

in keeping this site going.

Old 05-27-2011, 08:37 PM
VideoKarma Member

Exclamation Philips PC-60 colour camera chains up for grabs in Australia

G'day all.

A guy in Queensland has a couple of ex MVQ-6 Mackay Philips PC-60 plumicon colour TV camera chains he wants to give away to a good home. One chain is totally complete, the other chain almost complete minus a lens I think. Also there's an IVC VTR and some other smaller gear as well.

The story goes these cameras were originally used by BBC (probably during the experimental colour period) and then exported to Australia for MVQ-6 Mackay in Queensland which used the cameras from the beginning of colour in 1974/75 to about 1980 before upgrading to RCA TK-47s.

I wanted to get them myself but due to lack of space and courier transport costs, I cannot take them. Anyways there is limited time to get these as the owner is moving and the gear cannot go with him. So if anyone here is interested in these cameras and has the money to get them transported and the storage space, you can contact him at television@crossware.com.au , his name is Darryl.

I will be making this notice public in other forums as well. I have posted this message in the broadcast forum with pictures http://videokarma.org/showthread.php...=1#post3004405 . Sorry for double posting but I feel it is very important these cameras go to a good home.
Old 06-03-2011, 08:05 PM
VideoKarma Member

G'day all.

Just letting everyone know this the deal has now officially finished, the cameras and IVC VTR now have new owners and will be preserved for many years to come. Thank you all for taking the time to read this thread and special thank you to the guy who is now the new owner of those cameras and to one of my mates in Sydney who is now the new owner of the IVC VTR, I am so happy to see this gear is now gonna live on!!!