Videokarma.org

Go Back   Videokarma.org TV - Video - Vintage Television & Radio Forums > Early Color Television

We appreciate your help

in keeping this site going.

Old 12-12-2009, 11:37 PM
VideoKarma Member

I checked out this Roundie

http://dallas.craigslist.org/ftw/atq/1475808987.html

I do not need any projects at the moment but it's near me and I wanted to report my findings for anybody interested. They even let me take the back off and they told me it powers up!

Ok..RCA CTC-16Xx series, lots of dirt and dust but original appearence. Flyback looks original-decient too. The CRT I believe to be the original Hi-Lite however the socket is cracked/busted up a bit but not dangling/loose. Yea, there's some electrical tape there. The cabinet is in ok shape, should clean up and touched up a bit. Swivel legs. The back is there but the CRT cover had been torn from the fiberboard mounting and I tightened it up as best at the moment. Something may have spilt(?) around the tuner area (bezel) as there is some minor crusting/pitting above the display window, it's there but not that bad, and not on the painted areas. It's at a resale/craft shop but they have to contact the owner for any bargining.

As for the operation (without any antenna), does power up and the CRT guns all seem to be putting out however maybe on the soft side. No, I didn't verify the screen settings (I should have!). The channel selector switched ok without being overly noisey/touchy but the UHF was frozen/stiff and I didn't force it.

The owner came right down to $75.00 quite easily so who knows! The shop is closed on Sundays-Mondays.
Old 12-13-2009, 12:13 AM
On Land

I saw this on CL right after joining the ship recently. I emailed the lady and told her I was at sea and I'd be home again Jan 4th. The plan is to email her again at that time and see if she still has it. If so, I'll go get it. If not, well, at least someone would have saved it from the trash.

He who dies with the most toys still dies.
Old 12-13-2009, 09:16 PM
VideoKarma Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by Charlie View Post
I saw this on CL right after joining the ship recently. I emailed the lady and told her I was at sea and I'd be home again Jan 4th. The plan is to email her again at that time and see if she still has it. If so, I'll go get it. If not, well, at least someone would have saved it from the trash.
Charlie, Since you're not able to do anything, PM me and let me know your schedule. I may be able to help you out if your interested!