Videokarma.org

Go Back   Videokarma.org TV - Video - Vintage Television & Radio Forums > Early Color Television

We appreciate your help

in keeping this site going.

Old 05-20-2008, 08:47 PM
AK Member

Old Zenith Fold Outs

The other day I got my hands on 2 old Zenith TV fold outs for 1963. One is the color sets and the other is the black & white models. I was surprised at how mint they are. They look to be the old posters that the dealers would hang up for customers to look at. They appear to have never been unfolded and used.

My favorite color set featured is "The Rochelle" (If I remember the name correctly, I don't have it handy to look at right now). It is a cherry French Provincial roundie with the double speakers and Space Command 400 remote. I would love to have that set. I noticed the brochure doesn't have the price listings, but I guess they didn't want to drop the bomb right off the bat.

TV's back then had character. They had models to suit every persons style. I like the Traditional styled cabinets, since I like that type of furniture.

In my work room at my office, I have thought about framing the posters in Archival frames (I am a Archivist for the County) to preserve them from light damage etc.....
Old 05-22-2008, 09:41 PM
See yourself on Color TV!

Foldouts like that would never include prices - it would make it too difficult to change prices as the market would dictate.
Old 05-22-2008, 10:07 PM
sampson159

i have the rca 1963-64 dealer fold out.it has prices written in pencil under every model. my ctc 15 remote set was 895.00.there are some erasures indicating a price change.some sales reps would use them to "write an unbelievable price"
down and slide it over to the customer to see. watched a rep try to work my dad with that one. i still see it out there in the field. my former company brought it back recently. just like
their "new" idea of door-to-door canvassing. those went over like a lead balloon!