Videokarma.org

Go Back   Videokarma.org TV - Video - Vintage Television & Radio Forums > Early Color Television

We appreciate your help

in keeping this site going.

Old 04-08-2003, 10:53 PM
Administrator

CT-100 on eBay

http://cgi.ebay.com/ws/eBayISAPI.dll...&category=3638

The BIN price is a tad high I think
Old 04-08-2003, 11:25 PM
Banned

$6,500.00 B.I.N.

Eric,

What another CT-100? This continent is apparently just littered with this junk. (tongue in cheek...no flames please).

I don't agree with you. I think the BIN is a beginning of these rare TV's finally getting priced more according to their actual collectible worth. How many catalin radios do you see routinely sell for over $3K? I don't understand how there could be any value in those. TV's time is coming! We've just been enjoying the bargains at the bottom of the exponential growth curve in early color until now IMO.

Rob
Old 04-09-2003, 06:05 AM
VideoKarma Member

ct-100`

might be kinda hard to get $6500.00 for it as there is no real discription about its condition..i wonder if the crt is good yet,and the cabinet looks kinda like it was stripped,it does not look like the gold paint is on the outer part of the wood trim..it will be interesting to see how high this one goes..
terry
Old 04-09-2003, 07:17 AM
On Land

Whether or not the set plays would kinda be important information!

This would be typical: "Not sure of operating condition. Set is missing the power cord. I am no expert in these areas, but I see no reason why it wouldn't play once the cord is replaced."

He who dies with the most toys still dies.
Old 04-09-2003, 12:47 PM
Banned

Terry, Charlie,

If you re-read my post you'll note I made no prediction that this set would SELL for its BIN price, but I stand on my generalization.

As for functionality....these sets never work as found, we all know and accept that.

Rob
Audiokarma
Old 04-09-2003, 05:56 PM
VideoKarma Member

Confused?

Are we looking at the same CT-100?
I see a starting price of $1,500. w/o a reserve and no BIN option. The cabinet looks a little sun bleached with water damage & warping around the speaker grill. I would be afraid to bid on let alone power up this puppy with out close inspection. Maybe some photos of the chassis are in order.
Old 04-09-2003, 06:25 PM
VideoKarma Member

A photo of the neck of the CRT would tell whether it is full of air. As for value, the last CT-100 to be sold I am aware of went for under $3000, restored, working, with a good tube.
Old 04-09-2003, 06:43 PM
Administrator

Re: Confused?

Someone bid on it and there is no reserve so the BIN went away.

Quote:
Originally posted by Steve D.
Are we looking at the same CT-100?
I see a starting price of $1,500. w/o a reserve and no BIN option. The cabinet looks a little sun bleached with water damage & warping around the speaker grill. I would be afraid to bid on let alone power up this puppy with out close inspection. Maybe some photos of the chassis are in order.
Old 04-09-2003, 06:49 PM
VideoKarma Member

Brain freeze

Makes perfect sense Eric. In which case $6500.00 is a bit optimistic
Old 04-09-2003, 07:06 PM
VideoKarma Member

ct-100 on e-bay

ok here is a closeup pic of the control panel door open on my ct-100,on the one on e-bay there is an "extra" hole to the right of the tone control,(not the screw hole)..interesting..anyone know what that extra hole is for?..
i didnt see how dirty my knobs were till i took this pic..time to clean!!
terry

Last edited by wiseguy; 04-09-2003 at 07:09 PM.
Audiokarma
Old 04-09-2003, 07:59 PM
VideoKarma Member

Holes

Terry,
The pencil box on my CT-100 also has those holes. One located to the right of the r. screw and one to the left of the l. screw. They look to be factory drilled and line up with the green background/blue background control on the right and the vert. conv. amp/vert con. shape controls on the left. which are located behind the pencil box on the chassis. Not sure why you're set doesn't have them. Also, your pencil box is gold colored where the controls protrude mine is the same maroon color as the lid. May be a production change some where along the line. Can any other CT-100 owners comment on this?

Last edited by Steve D.; 04-09-2003 at 08:03 PM.
Old 04-09-2003, 11:52 PM
VideoKarma Member

The pencil box on my CT-100 is like the one pictured on the eBay set. To me the cabinet on the ebay set looks like it was stipped but it could be that faded also.

Steve K
Old 04-10-2003, 12:16 AM
Banned

Quote:
Originally posted by Steve McVoy
A photo of the neck of the CRT would tell whether it is full of air. As for value, the last CT-100 to be sold I am aware of went for under $3000, restored, working, with a good tube.
IMO, everyone that presently possesses one of these rare 15" color sets probably got them for bargain prices. Just wait.

I was surprised that that CT-100 went for so little Steve, especially when you could almost get that much for the working 15GP22 alone pulled out of the set.

Rob
Old 04-10-2003, 01:19 AM
Administrator

Rob, I agree that a minty working CT-100 might someday fetch $6500, Terry's set for example, but one with an unknown CRT, unknown chassis, bad finish?

Not to say if I had $1500 laying around I wouldn't buy it in the present condition, I just don't think I'd go much higher.

I don't know the capabilities of the seller but it would be nice if he could take some pictures of the back side and pull the yoke and let us see the getters.

Anyway lets hope the buyer will join us and let us know what shape it's in

Last edited by Eric H; 04-10-2003 at 01:21 AM.
Old 04-11-2003, 06:54 AM
VideoKarma Member

ct-100

the person who is selling that ct-100 on e-bay sent me a bunch of pics of the set inside,looks complete,just dusty,the deflection yoke plastic is almost all gone,no pics of the neck crt yet,i dont think he knows how to find the getter flashing.
it would be a bummer if the crt is bad..
i pulled my crt out of my ct-100 after i recapped the chassis and used "vacuuseal" on the metal to glass bonded areas and the crt pins and the nipple inside the socket.which by the way has a brass crimp.
i am not sure if i am the only one who has done this,there is a pic of my crt and the seal on pete's web site..
terry

Last edited by wiseguy; 04-11-2003 at 07:11 AM.
Audiokarma