Videokarma.org

Go Back   Videokarma.org TV - Video - Vintage Television & Radio Forums > Early Color Television

We appreciate your help

in keeping this site going.

Old 07-31-2003, 10:00 PM
Banned

'63 vintage Magnavox roundie combo on ebay

Doug,

I see you have placed your restored vintage Magnavox 21" color set on ebay, and at a give-away price considering all the work you put into it. I wish I had the room for it as I know you offered it to me.

It is cruel but you'd probably get more for the CRT alone if you yanked it out. Best luck. I hope it finds an eager buyer who will give it a good home where such a fine combo will be appreciated!

Rob
Old 08-05-2003, 05:35 PM
VideoKarma Member

well, I would be keeping but as we all know, space can be a problem. This year has been a great year for me finding some really hard to find sets that I have been looking for. Like the rca table remote set and the zenith sc600. So, some sets need to go on ebay. The magnavox you see in the pic is in my bedroom. It will be replaced with my sc600 when I get a new flyback in it. (need a remote set! I dont like leaving my tv on when I fall asleep because Im to lazy to get up and turn it off!!)
Basically, Its time to scale things down a bit. I want to keep most of my table and portables but some consoles will be for sale. So far so good, both bidders are local pick ups.
Old 08-27-2003, 06:05 PM
VideoKarma Member

The magnavox is going to probably the ultimate collector. Jim Murphy has a magnavox museum in cummings GA. Im told by the people who picked the set up yesterday that he is going to be on the history channel this october with his vintage electronic museum (litterally all magnavox!) so if thats true, that will be something pretty neat to see and maybe see the old rpt combo in there! Its safe to say that this tv has a good future and will be taking care of