Videokarma.org

Go Back   Videokarma.org TV - Video - Vintage Television & Radio Forums > Things with Motors

We appreciate your help

in keeping this site going.

Old 02-02-2016, 05:36 PM
On Land

New Wheels

I recently traded in my '14 Challenger R/T. I was going to order a new one, but couldn't decide if I wanted B5 Blue or Plum Crazy. I was afraid of ordering the purple since I hadnt seen one in person. So, I went with the blue. The dealership was nice enough to order one of each... with the purple having the same options as the blue one... so I could see both and pick which I liked better. Which ever one I didn't pick, it would be put on the lot for someone else. It took all of 5 minutes for me to pick!
Attached Images
File Type: jpg PCB5a.jpg (113.6 KB, 53 views)

He who dies with the most toys still dies.
Old 02-02-2016, 05:38 PM
On Land

Oh yeah.... I went with the Plum Crazy!!
Attached Images
File Type: jpg PC01.jpg (143.2 KB, 38 views)

Old 02-02-2016, 05:51 PM
VideoKarma Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by Charlie View Post
Oh yeah.... I went with the Plum Crazy!!
Does it have a Hemi. ?
The only way to go! The Plum Crazy color was popular in the early 70's.
What color was the one you traded?
Old 02-02-2016, 06:12 PM
VideoKarma Member

Sweet ride!
Old 02-02-2016, 07:02 PM
Don't mess with Esther.

To each his own. I prefer the blue one.
Audiokarma
Old 02-02-2016, 07:11 PM
M is for Memory

Quote:
Originally Posted by Jon A. View Post
Same here....I've always thought guys that like GIRLY colors like purple or pink have a screw loose.

Zenith: The quality stays in EVEN after the name falls off!
What I want. --> http://www.videokarma.org/showpost.p...62&postcount=4
Old 02-02-2016, 08:53 PM
Spiteful Old Cuss

I'd think one of those "Outre'" colors would wear out its welcome kinda quickly... Most all of my Rolling Stock has been White, if for no other reason, it tends to be cooler-No small consideration down here, & doesn't show dirt quite as bad...
Old 02-03-2016, 12:06 AM
On Land

I traded a '14 R/T in Jazz Blue... which was a nice color... if the sun was hitting it. It was so dark that many people thought it was black. But man when the sun hit it just right, all those sparkles just jumped out at you.
http://www.videokarma.org/attachment...9&d=1394207790
http://www.videokarma.org/attachment...0&d=1394207790

I almost got Plum in '14, but chickened out at the last minute thinking it would fade too easy. But hey... my car spends half the year in the garage while I am at sea, and when I am home, it's in the garage unless I go somewhere. So really, it shouldn't fade that quick.

I almost didn't pick it this time because I couldn't decide between that and B5 Blue. I ordered a blue car this time, but THEY also ordered a purple one so I could see them side by side... and when I did, it took about 5 minutes of looking at them and then I decided on the purple.

I wouldn't choose this color on a Toyota or a Buick... that's for sure. It's good for Chargers and Challengers.

Loose screws? Yeah I have plenty of them!! A few missing screws as well!

Old 02-03-2016, 08:37 AM
VideoKarma Member

nice ride Charlie
Old 02-03-2016, 09:53 AM
VideoKarma Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by Jon A. View Post
My 2000 Dodge Dakota is Intense Blue color, a little lighter than the Challenger shown. A very popular color that year.
My two favorite colors for cars is some form of blue or a real deep red mettalic.
Audiokarma
Old 02-03-2016, 10:07 AM
Don't mess with Esther.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Charlie View Post
Loose screws? Yeah I have plenty of them!! A few missing screws as well!
Ahahaha I could say the same about myself.

That's one of very few cars purple works on, being a revival of an early 70s design. After all, even wilder things were the style back then, the Bradys' wardrobe for instance. I guess quite a few designers were still overhung from LDS trips in the late 60s.
Quote:
Originally Posted by dieseljeep View Post
My 2000 Dodge Dakota is Intense Blue color, a little lighter than the Challenger shown. A very popular color that year.
My two favorite colors for cars is some form of blue or a real deep red mettalic.
My favorite color for cars is the medium blue metallic offered by Ford in the early 80s (and maybe earlier?) That B5 blue is very similar.

Last edited by Jon A.; 02-03-2016 at 10:12 AM.
Old 02-03-2016, 10:44 AM
60s Throwback

Hey, it could have been lemon yellow!!
Old 02-03-2016, 12:50 PM
VideoKarma Member

Sublime green!
Old 02-03-2016, 01:17 PM
See yourself on Color TV!

Did you mean slime green? (Seen at the Tubac car show)
IMG_2054LRCC by Wayne Bretl, on Flickr
Old 02-03-2016, 01:52 PM
Spiteful Old Cuss

These cars are all MILD compared to this Caddy my Granddad & Mamaw had back in '68. Avocado-It was "Not Quite" a whole bunch of colors-Not quite green, not quite Gold, & not quite Brown. Actually, it was about the most faithful reproduction of Babyshit I ever saw. Worst thing of all, it was THAT color inside & out, NO relief at all. The Caddy they had before it was a 1960 Sedan De Ville, that was tan, & chrome. THAT car was a Cadillac ! Lotsa chrome, rocketship fins, Are-You-SERIOUS ?!? compound curve windshield. Love it or LOATHE it, you COULDN'T ignore it. They kept the Steaming Pile til '73, when my granddad Fritz pulled a Fast One. He ALWAYS wanted the biggest, nastiest, most OMG Caddy they made, but Miss Izzy-my Granny-NEVER let him get one..Well, they had to go to Louisville on business once every six weeks/2 months. They went up in like April '73, Fritz dropped Miss Izzy off at Rich's Dept Store, & then HE had a couple hours to kill. He drove by Cal Connell Cadillac, there was this gorgeous big 60 Special Brougham sitting in the showroom. Navy blue interior, top, silver body. It started Talkin' to Fritz, & lo & behold, shortly thereafter it was HIS, & the Babyshyte Special was ADIOS. Fritz went to pick up Miss Izzy, & made a DREADFUL mistake-He left the Window sticker layin' on the back seat. It was something like $10,243.79, she saw THAT & blew TWO gaskets ! She was one of these who thought that if you DIDN'T save a dollar & a quarter outta EVERY Dollar you made, you would LIKELY end up Going to H3!!, in a Handbasket. She was SO tight w/money, she SQUEAKED when she walked.. "FRITZ !! Are You Outta yr MIND ?!?... TEN THOUSAND DOLLARS FOR A CAR ?!? It took her about a month to cool off after that. Worst thing was, I guess, poor Fritz only got to drive his junior grade Aircraft Carrier about 18 months, & then my Dad & Uncle Karl took his keys away. It REALLY wasn't safe for him to drive anymore. I still have that Caddy, '73 w/35K ACTUAL on it.. I would be happy to GIVE it to any of you who agree to the following-Keep it Clean, & Keep it FED. It gets 6 MPG in town, & a rousing 8-9 on the Hiway... Took ME going as hard as I could, literally ALL DAY LONG to properly clean it, inside & out...