Videokarma.org

Go Back   Videokarma.org TV - Video - Vintage Television & Radio Forums > General Off Topic Forums

We appreciate your help

in keeping this site going.

Old 07-16-2023, 09:06 PM
VideoKarma Member

Anyone here know about fixing up old Reel Lawnmowers?

Hi Everyone, I recently acquired a 1940s or 1950s vintage reel lawnmower (its a hand powered one, no motor on this bad boi!)

Aside from some surface rust here and there on the unit and missing the wheel covers and missing some parts from the rear roller unit and the cut height adjustment levers, the unit still works.

Now for the issues I need some help with, I need to source a replacement roller/cutting height adjustment assembly for this mower because the original is missing the ball-bearings in the right-side roller bearing housing, and its missing some parts for the height adjustment portion of the rear roller assembly including some screws of some sort for some unknown purpose (I don't have a service manual for this mower as I don't know who made it because the manufacturers name and model number info tag on the mower is faded off, so I can't look up the service data for this mower).

I wonder if I were to post a picture of the mower if someone here might recognize the make and model of the mower by looking at it or maybe could let me know of a place where I could source some parts for this mower?

Any help with this project would be appreciated.

Thanks.
Attached Images
File Type: jpg Vintage reel lawnmower resized 1.jpg (107.9 KB, 13 views)
Old 07-18-2023, 12:20 PM
VideoKarma Member

Too bad my gandfather is faaaaaaar away from you (and away from me also, a "little" less ;-) ... he loves to play with those mechanical things