Videokarma.org

Go Back   Videokarma.org TV - Video - Vintage Television & Radio Forums > Early B&W and Projection TV

We appreciate your help

in keeping this site going.

Prev Previous Post   Next Post Next
Old 06-01-2017, 12:41 PM
VideoKarma Member

A few comments and questions:

1. Possibly the red paint indicates a QC inspection... I have seen it on many high quality instruments from the WWII era.

2. 75 ohms in each heater string is about correct for average line voltage...I may add an additional resistance if necessary, depending mostly on what I read for CRT heater voltage, or protect the CRT heater with a TVS diode, see:
http://www.videokarma.org/showthread.php?t=268968

3. I got full height by replacing the .04 cap (actually 2 caps in parallel) in the vert osc/amp. (the 4.3 meg resistor was ok). Nice to start the re cap job with a unit that makes a halfway decent, although unstable pix!

4. Finding some surprises where the circuit seems to match later models, The Riders schematic cannot be assumed to be 100% accurate. For example, that big cap shown in my underchassis pix in my second post between the tuner and the vertical output transformer (0.5 uf) is not shown... it bypasses the contrast control and is similar to the way the later 10T4 is configured.

5. Tom, did you get the .0022 cap mounted on the flyback?

jr
Attached Images
File Type: jpg IMG_1116.jpg (112.0 KB, 39 views)

Last edited by jr_tech; 06-01-2017 at 01:18 PM. Reason: correction: pix is on my second post