Videokarma.org

Go Back   Videokarma.org TV - Video - Vintage Television & Radio Forums > Early Color Television

We appreciate your help

in keeping this site going.

Prev Previous Post   Next Post Next
Old 08-16-2013, 04:26 PM
Not sure how I got here.

I have never called anyone stupid, and have tried to explain my point in detail in many cases, given my level of writing quality.

I agree with you 100% there should be quality tv repair 101 stickies here. Unfortunately, it does not exist, and some times better answers exist off this site, and there is the added disconnect that new people doing stuff alone with no one watching over them.

And in a lot of cases if you want to find something here you are better off using google to find it than the search from the site.

I don't expect new people to know everything in 2 months.... I may often write using terms they, or you, don't fully understand, fine ask again differently. New people like you also should not take on things that are above their full understanding right away.

My very first tv was a 1959 emerson b&w tv thrown out on junk day back in 1974.... I don't have it anymore, but I have 2 exactly like it. They all plus another chassis I got had bad filter caps. The set I got as a kid had a tilted yoke, and a short picture. I had army tv radio books from my dad, that had pictures of the problems and where to fix them. I was so unwilling to make it worse that I watched that tv with a short tilted picture for 9 years.....

Looks like you are the opposite.

You don't have to learn quick to impress anyone, just enjoy your hobby. And understand the people here mean well even if they don't always express it well...