Videokarma.org

Go Back   Videokarma.org TV - Video - Vintage Television & Radio Forums > Television Broadcast Gear

We appreciate your help

in keeping this site going.

Prev Previous Post   Next Post Next
Old 02-26-2014, 11:41 AM
VideoKarma Member

Old TVs - blu ray

I have 2 working (6 none working but one their way) vintage TVs. All from the 1940s and 1950s. I currently transmit a signal to them using a Blonder-Tongue agile modulator. I have the old Yellow, Red/White RCA connections rigged into the back of it, from the output of a RadioShack 4 way switch. Have an old DirecTV box, old VCR and old DVD player hooked into the switch. So using the switch box I can select a media device and then the agile modulator broadcasts that signal on old analog channel 7 using a half-length dipole antenna that I built for channel 7 frequency. My vintage TVs then just use vintage rabbit ears to pick up that signal. Works very well as you can see from youtube link below.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=fgCbTkjPYIE

I would like to replace my old DVD player with my blu ray (wifi) player so I can stream stuff on youtube to my old TVs. Tons of old programming on there that would look great on my old sets.

Issue is, today's blu ray players only have HDMI output. Does anyone know of a quality HDMI to RCA component (Yellow, Red/White) converter that I could use to get my blu ray hooked up and working? Also, I know some blu rays will not output a signal to some converters due to copyright protections. So any devices out there that do this conversion and are compliant?

Thx.

Last edited by bigaudioal; 02-26-2014 at 11:50 AM.