Videokarma.org

Go Back   Videokarma.org TV - Video - Vintage Television & Radio Forums > Recorded Video

We appreciate your help

in keeping this site going.

Old 02-06-2016, 09:21 AM
VideoKarma Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by Damnation View Post
Picked up a Pioneer DVD-V8000, their best and last industrial DVD player from 2007 right before Blu-ray took hold. Has some interesting features, like the ability to play DVDs at 24fps and skip directly to the top menu or play the longest file straight away with any DVD. Can also program it to turn on and execute a series of commands automatically. Tons of image options and can upscale to 1080i. Broadcast ready as well. Can't find a consumer Pioneer equivalent. Has a MTBF of 50,000 hours.
That's pretty Damn neat. I just don't have much interest in dvd. I might buy a couple high end units but I'm too busy with older formats.
Old 07-18-2016, 08:03 PM
VideoKarma Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by Jon A. View Post
My DVD player/recorder of choice is the Panasonic DMR-E20. I got one in the box with the papers for a decent price.
Actually just picked up one of these for ten bucks on Saturday. Cool deck, and works fine both playback and recording (DVD-R, don't have any DVD-RAM cartridges). Two added bonuses is that this recorder has a 3DYC comb filter and TBC on the Composite and RF line-ins, so it makes a nice pass-through device for my LD and VCRs even if the drive dies eventually. Being such an early DVD recorder, its recording functions are modelled like a VCR. No-frills.
Attached Images
File Type: jpg CnhE1ayVIAALstf.jpg (32.8 KB, 9 views)

Last edited by Damnation; 07-18-2016 at 08:12 PM.
Old 07-19-2016, 12:21 PM
Peanut Head

I have a Pioneer DVD-V5000 that I intend to keep. It's well built and plays well.

Let me live in the house beside the road and be a friend to man.