Videokarma.org

Go Back   Videokarma.org TV - Video - Vintage Television & Radio Forums > Early Color Television

We appreciate your help

in keeping this site going.

Old 03-17-2007, 07:57 AM
VideoKarma Member

Indextrons

Sure can, dallk01@aol.com Thanks for sharing it. I will keep you posted.
Richard.
Old 04-22-2007, 09:00 PM
AK Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by Richard D
I have a pdf version of the full service manual. Free to anyone who wants it.
(16.2 megs, raw data).

I would like to set up a sort of task group of collectors of the KVX-370 to pool the knowledge and help each other fix his set(s).

Thank you for your offer, I would like to look at your PDF service manual. As you can see from my previous post I need to refresh my memory on these little guys and would and use my set as a test bed and share whatever I find with others.
Thanks,
Richard
Can you upload the service manual for me?
Old 07-27-2007, 12:55 AM
<--1956 300B

New news today!

DIGITAL TV

The government is relying mostly on broadcasters to tell people that non-digital televisions will not get over-the-air signals after February 2009, the Senate Commerce Committee was told. The government is spending only $5 million to let people know about the changeover from analog to digital signals. Critics say the government should do more.

polaraman
Old 07-27-2007, 06:50 AM
VideoKarma Member

You would think that the news coverage of how the FCC should auction off the TV frequency spectrum would give everyone a clue. I would not expect too much from this clueless administration.

Some people are like Slinkies, not really good for anything. They do bring a smile to your face when you push them down the stairs.
Old 07-29-2007, 10:49 AM
Slave to 1 Cat

Quote:
Originally Posted by merrylander View Post
You would think that the news coverage of how the FCC should auction off the TV frequency spectrum would give everyone a clue. I would not expect too much from this clueless administration.
I think that is wrong, auctioning off the spectrum, it is not a limitless resource and it should be held in common for all. I'm sorry if I'm touching politics, but I feel bad for voting for this current administration twice although the other side is just as bad and has nothing to offer either. No matter who you vote for, the common people get rolled over. I'll just leave it at that.
Audiokarma
Old 07-29-2007, 11:06 AM
VideoKarma Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by aafuss View Post
Can you upload the service manual for me?
Hello, Check with member Jhalphen. He is the gentleman who sent it to me, I burned it to a disc and gave it and my Indextron to a friend.
If I can get it back I will be happy to send it to you.
Richard.
Old 07-29-2007, 05:19 PM
VideoKarma Member

Hello aafuss,

Give me your E-Mail address, i will send you the complete KVX-370 "Indextron" Service Manual + schematics.

Do you own an Indextron ?
Working or not ?

Best Regards

jhalphen
Paris/France
Old 07-30-2007, 09:13 PM
VideoKarma Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by NowhereMan 1966 View Post
I think that is wrong, auctioning off the spectrum, it is not a limitless resource and it should be held in common for all. I'm sorry if I'm touching politics, but I feel bad for voting for this current administration twice although the other side is just as bad and has nothing to offer either. No matter who you vote for, the common people get rolled over. I'll just leave it at that.
I agree completely with this.

Selling off the spectrum to private interests will mean our government will no longer have the vehical to easily communicate to the public over the air. There are still many families not hooked up to satelite or cable. Digital technology is great but if there are no more VHF channels left its not going to travel any kind of distance over UHF. In case of national emergency there will be significant areas not covered by UHF and that means the public at large will not get proper instruction from our federal government.

The VHF spectrum needs to be kept in the public domain IMO.
Old 07-30-2007, 09:26 PM
VideoKarma Member

IMO, the AM radio band is what should really be used an an emergency. It works well and there are many 50KW stations. As far as free over the air TV their days are numbered. They will just become program supplyers to cable and Satelite when 2009 comes around very few people will use the 8VSB signals
Old 08-01-2007, 11:46 PM
VideoKarma Member

Well it appears the corporations have already figured out how to get us paying for bottled water and finally have figured it out how we are going to lose our free television.

Makes you kind of wonder when they will figure out how to charge us for breathing the air.
Audiokarma
Old 08-02-2007, 12:32 AM
VideoKarma Member

Red face

[QUOTE=Carmine]"...your TV/car/toothbrush might function perfectly well, but you simply don't want to appear to be the neighborhood nutcase or cheapskate because you're watching a 1965 TV set while the rest of the world has moved on to flatscreens."

People must really think I'm the nutcase then (drive a '60s car, use rotary phones and no cell phone, use a typewriter, have 8-tracks, etc.)
Old 08-02-2007, 01:56 AM
Another CT-100 lives!

Not all of us are paying for our TV reception. I dropped satellite TV in December 2005 and have saved US$1,615.00 so far, that I used toward more worthwhile entertainment options.

I use a roof TV antenna, and I receive more free TV signals than ever before. Yep, it's... umm... Digital TV.
Old 08-02-2007, 09:31 PM
VideoKarma Member

Those foolish enough to pay for bottled water (tap water from somewhere else) get what they deserve!

Sorry, just had to respond to the bottled water comment.
Old 08-02-2007, 11:59 PM
Living The Draper Ethos

Boy, broadcast television I have to pay for? I cant wait!
Old 08-03-2007, 07:42 AM
VideoKarma Member

The idea that "free" broadcast TV will disappear is silly. Some form of advertiser supported television (and radio) will always be with us. Advertisers need a vehicle, and broadcast TV is perfect for them. Remember that "free" TV is not free - we pay for it every day when we buy toothpaste, cereal, or any other product.
Audiokarma