Videokarma.org

Go Back   Videokarma.org TV - Video - Vintage Television & Radio Forums > General Off Topic Forums

We appreciate your help

in keeping this site going.

Old 03-27-2023, 09:44 AM
VideoKarma Member

Who took over ESRC's tube business or stock.

I bought a lot of tubes from him, always a good deal.
I bought a bunch of real odd-balls from the dollar list.
Losing sources like this take some of the fun out of this hobby.
Old 03-27-2023, 10:31 PM
RCA 741PCS

No one unfortunately.

Quote:
At the time of his death, his business had been losing money for the last three years. He also was over $100,000 in debt, plus he had just signed a new lease, and the building owner wanted money for that. The family knew nothing about Stan's business and did not live locally. They decided not to keep the business going.

Stan had no will, and since the family was not on the hook for the corporate debts, they decided not to pass the business through probate, as they thought it was a losing proposition. They simply handed the keys of the building to the building owner and walked away. After the appropriate amount of time and legal postings and newspaper advertising, the building owner claimed the merchandise as abandoned.

In the end, his tubes were bought by a salvage company. I was told they were trucked to a warehouse out of state.

The story has a few more interesting twists than given here, but suffice it to say, the tubes are gone and the business is no more.
https://antiqueradios.com/forums/vie...77348&start=20
Old 03-28-2023, 09:21 AM
M is for Memory

Wow. It blows my mind that it ended up like that.
Back when I lived in Florida 15 years ago I used to attend swapmeets there and buy directly from the warehouse.
Between ESRC-1's owner passing and Joe Halser passing it seems like the hosts of the coolest radio swapmeet venues have been dropping like flies since the pandemic. I hope Steve McVoy isn't next.

Zenith: The quality stays in EVEN after the name falls off!
What I want. --> http://www.videokarma.org/showpost.p...62&postcount=4
Old 03-28-2023, 09:32 AM
VideoKarma Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by Electronic M View Post
Wow. It blows my mind that it ended up like that.
Back when I lived in Florida 15 years ago I used to attend swapmeets there and buy directly from the warehouse.
Between ESRC-1's owner passing and Joe Halser passing it seems like the hosts of the coolest radio swapmeet venues have been dropping like flies since the pandemic. I hope Steve McVoy isn't next.
Stan from ESRC passed before the pandemic was made public!
When your primary health provider asks you, if you have a will, you know that the end is coming near!
Old 03-28-2023, 01:51 PM
VideoKarma Member

I used to go to ESRC in person as I used to live close by the warehouse. While unusual to him that I would prefer to come and pick up my tubes in person vs shipping, it was appreciated as he helped me find matched pairs for my audio equipment and used a tester to verify they still were closely matched, etc. Sad to see it go this way.
Audiokarma
Old 03-30-2023, 10:54 PM
VideoKarma Member

He had great deals it's too bad he passed and the stock is gone. It's getting harder to find good prices on tubes. That one seller on ebay has insanely high prices.