Videokarma.org

Go Back   Videokarma.org TV - Video - Vintage Television & Radio Forums > VideoKarma Classifieds

We appreciate your help

in keeping this site going.

Old 09-08-2018, 07:28 PM
I love old stuff

WTB: Magnesium flash holder for flash bulbs

Since it seem it's impossible to find here in Romania holders for magensium flash bulbs (except ones very small bulbs) and in Europe too (I've seen bulbs, but only small holders) I hope I can find such thing at a resonable price in U.S.A.

Last edited by Telecolor 3007; 09-09-2018 at 04:01 PM.
Old 09-09-2018, 10:58 AM
Tinker

Quote:
Originally Posted by Telecolor 3007 View Post
Since it seem it's impossible to find here in Romania holders for magensium flash bulbs (except ones very small bulbs) and in Europe too (I've seen bulbs, but only small holders) I hope I can find such thing at a resonable price in U.S.A.
Hi,
I'm just curious, are looking for the device for holding the magnesium flash powder? The type with a wooden handle and metal trough for the flash powder used in the days before electric flashbulbs ?
When I was in high school I used to use an Argus C-3 35mm camera. It used flash bulbs the size of standard incandescent light bulbs. The flash looked like a flashlight (2 D cell type) with a reflector attached at the top .
Ed
Old 09-09-2018, 01:42 PM
I love old stuff

For flashubls (anyway, I modified the title so not to be more confusions). Like this: http://a4.pbase.com/g1/05/388005/2/9...4.BgpHrhjb.jpg
http://digital-cameras-pictures.blog...lash-bulb.html

Last edited by Telecolor 3007; 09-09-2018 at 04:01 PM.
Old 09-11-2018, 08:19 PM
VideoKarma Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by Telecolor 3007 View Post
I saw one today at a Charity shop. It was a German job with a reflector that fanned out, but it was bent or distorted where it wouldn't latch up.
I'm guessing it was at least 60 years old. The socket was a bayonet type about the size of an older car lamp. It seemed like it only used a single "D" type cell. I couldn't see what kind it really was because the end cap was held on by two tiny screws. I looked like it needed a special trigger cord to go to the camera. Plus, they wanted $20 USD, which I thought was too much, for a Questionable item.
Old 09-12-2018, 07:52 PM
VideoKarma Member

I see lots of bulb flashholders here, I buy lots of old cameras on aution sites and now I have 2 large boxes full of them. The coolest one is a kodak generator flash. you put in a buln, and turn a knob, which uses a small generator to charge a capacitor to fire the bulb, works perfecly even though its 60 years old, never needs batteries. I actually take phots with flashbulbs.
Audiokarma
Old 09-12-2018, 09:14 PM
VideoKarma Member

Years ago at a yard sale I bought a pair of early 60's Kodak 35mm cameras; one is a Motormatic which is my favorite of any I've used just because of the novelty factor. I have a flash attachment and a big box of bulbs that I hoarded, though I don't know that I'll ever use a single one again. I still remember testing it out one night in my then girlfriend's driveway. She's probably still seeing spots!
Old 09-16-2018, 12:47 PM
I love old stuff

But does any one sells one?