Videokarma.org

Go Back   Videokarma.org TV - Video - Vintage Television & Radio Forums > Early Color Television

We appreciate your help

in keeping this site going.

Old 02-01-2008, 08:29 AM
...enjoys spaghetti.

Quote:
yes been on this forum but never posted did'nt want to post here about the auction since i am the seller,
I know there is a desire to get a few bucks for AK from items we usually have to give away, i.e. Old TV sets, but I don't think it's an eBay plug to come in on the 14th post and answer a question.
Old 02-01-2008, 04:29 PM
VideoKarma Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by Tomcomm View Post
Somebody ought to pick it up for the 21FJP22A alone. If you blow up the pics of the spare CRT it looks somewhat gray, but the edges seem to be starting to cataract. Too bad its not a 21FBP22A. Are all rare-earth 21FB and 21FJ gray? What does the "40 C 19 Z" on screen bottom mean? I thought the seller says he's got the warranty card on the tube. ...Tom
Maybe "Pontiac64" would care to respond to my message #11 of this thread. I am not a buyer, just trying to determine if the gray inactive screen color of the 21FBP22 in my RCA 21CT55 is really a 21FBP22A rare-earth version.
I have been unsuccessful in getting this info on my recent thread " Differences in 21FBP22 CRTs" Since you own a 21FJP22A, (same as a 21FBP22A with bonded safety glass), this should be no problem for you. Thanks....Tom
Old 02-01-2008, 07:19 PM
Electronics Accumulator

Well, I tried. And I lost. It went for 217.47. I bid $177, which was really about $50 more than I could afford - but I really wanted that set. I hate eBay. It always drives the price of things like this so high that people like me just can't possibly afford it. I just don't have that kind of money.

Well, you win some, you lose some. Or, if you're me - you just lose

-Ian
Old 02-01-2008, 08:13 PM
VideoKarma Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by RetroHacker View Post
Well, I tried. And I lost. It went for 217.47. I bid $177, which was really about $50 more than I could afford - but I really wanted that set. I hate eBay. It always drives the price of things like this so high that people like me just can't possibly afford it. I just don't have that kind of money.

Well, you win some, you lose some. Or, if you're me - you just lose

-Ian
I feel your pain since I've been down that road more times than not. And, it always happens within the last 10 seconds. That's why I still try to buy locally as much as possible. I usually get much better deals and I don't have to worry about shipping charges or shipping damage. Of course, I often now hear "I'm not going to take that, I'll ebay it and get 10 times what you're offering." But, there's a lot of stuff that can't be found locally and that's the big problem. Every now and then, I'll get a good deal on ebay especially if the title of an item is "off the wall" or it's listed in an oddball category. OK, I'll shut up about epay now before I get into trouble!

BTW, I've never seen a Westinghouse color TV in person. I've seen a few B&W's from the '50's; but, that's about it.