Videokarma.org

Go Back   Videokarma.org TV - Video - Vintage Television & Radio Forums > Early Color Television

We appreciate your help

in keeping this site going.

Old 01-27-2008, 06:00 AM
Brach

Thank you very much for the advice

Quote:
Originally Posted by radiotvnut View Post
On your CTC54, the first place I'd go would be to the electrolytic caps in the power supply.
It'll probably be awhile till I can do it.
Old 01-27-2008, 08:19 AM
sampson159

hey brach! tried to send you pm-wouldn t go through. i didn t change my mind. just working 60-70 hrs a week. i will gather up your parts today and get them ready to ship. relax! this hobby will entail much patience as you will be hunting and waiting on parts almost daily. it will consume your life! its fun and its worth it! post pictures of your sets in operation.
Old 01-27-2008, 01:21 PM
Brach

Thank you very much sir! No hurry. I was thinking you have plenty to do and I was surprised you had time to spare for the phone call!

I'm wondering about your VDC 21FJ that was vandalized. When the air gets inside is it immediately unrebuildable? Do the phosphors rot or change from the air? I'm guessing they absorb moisture like a dessicant.
Thanks
Old 01-27-2008, 06:15 PM
VideoKarma Member

Old 01-27-2008, 08:13 PM
sampson159

when the glass is kicked in and the grid is damaged,this tube is no longer rebuildable. besides,scotty wants way too much for a rebuild. i think a tab of over 500.00 with shipping is too hefty for this set. a ctc-100? absolutely!!!a ctc 15 combo-not hardly! i did salvage the gun assembly.btw, when we spoke,i was driving home from a lead. i drive about 300 miles a day,6 days a week, as an inspector in the building industry. i have very little time of my own these days.retirement is looking better all the time!
Audiokarma
Old 01-27-2008, 10:15 PM
Brach

Hold on to that gun assembly!!!!

Scotty said he is almost out and I bet yours could be used!
I know you likely know that but I'm bein safer than sorryer.
Old 01-29-2008, 12:43 PM
VideoKarma Member

Old 01-29-2008, 05:28 PM
Larry Melton (oldtvman)

They had it right from the start

If you dismiss the reliability issue and the fact there weren't many techs familiar with color to service them, it's still amazing to see some of these other early color sets such as hoffman, philco and so on. The pictures properly set up rival any of the analog sets on the market today. I still wish someone would invent a time machine.
Old 01-29-2008, 06:55 PM
Old School is New School

Wow! That is a real beauty. This one had to be a pretty penny in its day.

Harman Kardon Citaton I preamp, Marantz 8b amp, Klipschorns speakers, Thorens TD 124 turntable, and piles of other gear.....
Old 02-03-2008, 08:55 PM
VideoKarma Member

Yagasoga asked me to allow colorcaster to be displayed on his site and I was flattered. I'm not sure how many sets he shows on his site he has but is most extensive of early color and prewar european sets I've come across.

http://bs.cyty.com/menschen/e-etzold...an/ccaster.htm

He has many great unseen foreign made sets there. He did a great job removing the background on Hoffman. He even has a prewar used in willy wonka, I always wondered what country or make that sky scraper deco tv was.

Audiokarma
Old 02-04-2008, 03:44 AM
VK Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by vintagecollect View Post
Yagasoga asked me to allow colorcaster to be displayed on his site and I was flattered. I'm not sure how many sets he shows on his site he has but is most extensive of early color and prewar european sets I've come across.
Sorry, but only those tv sets marked with an asterisk are part of my own collection. All the other sets are either belong to museums or to other collectors. When I see an interesting set, I ask the owner to make or to get photos like I did in your case.

It is not my aim to get a large or complete collection, but to report important and interesting tv sets which survived until today. Any suggestions and corrections are wellcome!

- Eckhard (yagosaga)