Videokarma.org

Go Back   Videokarma.org TV - Video - Vintage Television & Radio Forums > General Off Topic Forums

We appreciate your help

in keeping this site going.

Prev Previous Post   Next Post Next
Old 06-21-2017, 04:25 PM
M is for Memory

It seems many siblings are greedy bastards when their parents croak....My Grandparents had 2 vehicles, 2 properties, antiques and some savings before my ants (I don't feel they're deserving of the 'u' normally in that title) got hold of her....One got most of it because she was the only one left in state (after mom and another sister moved to different states) and basically tricked/forced Grandma into giving her power of attorney...Once that was done she stripped her of her money and dumped her in a series of nursing homes (some not so good I heard) where she lived out her days...At the end there was "nothing left" for the other sisters, despite mom having taken care of Grandma and helping her keep her independence up until we moved...We got essentially nothing. Save for a few things we were able to grab first while cleaning out grandma's second house a few years before we moved....I've got a Heathkit A-7E monoblock that would have hit the dumpster, and my folks have some of the fossils I found (and thus saved from being demolished with a shed), though the sisters made a point of bullying us out of the better ones.....The sisters are both mean fat pigs (outside and in).
There is a summer cabin jointly owned by mom and the sisters that they have been trying to periodically use to scam money out of us. It is about all that connects us to them and if they keep up the BS we can screw them over on it real easy....Apparently the only way to divide the property if we decide we want out of the joint ownership is for the whole property to be sold and the proceeds divided so if they piss us off too much they will have to find a new place and we profit from all the unnecessary improvements they've added to the property.
Personally I'd rather see us save up some cash and buy them out though...

Zenith: The quality stays in EVEN after the name falls off!
What I want. --> http://www.videokarma.org/showpost.p...62&postcount=4