Videokarma.org

Go Back   Videokarma.org TV - Video - Vintage Television & Radio Forums > Early B&W and Projection TV

We appreciate your help

in keeping this site going.

Prev Previous Post   Next Post Next
Old 06-09-2017, 07:39 PM
VideoKarma Member

Update on mine:

1. The other night during prolonged operation, I experienced a failure... oddly it was a tall Sylvania 12SN7 with unusual looking plates (vert osc/amp), strange coincidence, for sure. Vertical went flat line, and I quickly reduced brightness, to avoid phosphor damage. Replaced the tube quickly, and caught the end of BBT, just in time for the cameo appearance of "the great and powerful Woz".

2. After prolonged operation, the 75 ohm/10 watt resistors are actually closer to 275 degrees F. Much of the heat is transferred to the HV cage through heat sink grease (the back side of the cage reaches about 150 degrees directly behind the resistors). I am working on a "cooler" solution involvind diodes and higher value 200-250 ohm resistors shunting them.

3. For grins, I pulled the chassis out of the wood cased 10T4 and repaired a few problems. It still performs fairly well with *mostly* original parts.

jr
Attached Images
File Type: jpg IMG_1117.jpg (71.0 KB, 31 views)
File Type: jpg IMG_1178.jpg (103.3 KB, 35 views)
File Type: jpg IMG_1135.jpg (103.2 KB, 34 views)

Last edited by jr_tech; 06-09-2017 at 08:40 PM. Reason: pix orientation
Audiokarma