Videokarma.org

Go Back   Videokarma.org TV - Video - Vintage Television & Radio Forums > Recorded Video

We appreciate your help

in keeping this site going.

Prev Previous Post   Next Post Next
Old 03-28-2022, 11:01 PM
VideoKarma Member

Just picked up a Zenith VRG-90 4-head VCR

Hello everyone, the other day I picked up on facebook market place for $25 a 1990 Zenith VRG-90 4-head VCR (I think it might also be Hi-Fi as well but I'm not sure) I picked it up because the VCR my parents had when I was was growing up was a Zenith VRG-75 (2-head Mono VCR) and me and my sister basically played the crap out of that VCR and I attempted to repair it when I first started working on electronics, but I ended up making it worse so we ended up tossing it in the trash.

From my understanding the VRG-90 was the 4-head Hi-Fi(?) version of the VRG-75 and I always wanted to find one of those but never saw one in person (or had an opportunity to get one) until now.

My guess is that the usual belt replacement and head cleaning is going to be needed on this VCR, but I was wondering how this generation of Zenith 4-Head VCRs compared to the JVC made Zeniths from the 1980s?
I believe the Zenith VCRs from the 1990s (at least the early to mid 1990s) were made by Goldstar (which is now LG).

Thanks for your help and info.