Videokarma.org

Go Back   Videokarma.org TV - Video - Vintage Television & Radio Forums > Early Color Television

We appreciate your help

in keeping this site going.

Old 09-05-2016, 03:06 AM
Marco Bacigalupo

Looking for a roundie color tv set...

Hello my friends!
In these past days a customer of mine is come in my home and fell in love for my Zenith Parkhurst that I have in my living room, so now he would buy one console roundie tv set.
Maybe does anyone want sell one of these beasts here?
He love a lot Zenith and RCA sets that I showed him in my pictures album.
He is a good customer, I must restore and sell to him a juke box Wurlitzer 1100 that I have and other things too. I'd like to find for him a nice tv set that of course I should restore perfectly.
Let me know,
thank you so much!

Last edited by radiomec; 09-05-2016 at 07:06 AM.
Old 09-05-2016, 09:41 PM
First Light: 1952-2011

You mean buy one from the US and ship it there? That's gotta cost a pretty penny.
Old 09-06-2016, 01:29 AM
Marco Bacigalupo

I know that it will cost a lot, often for my job I bought Hammond organs, tv sets and other from the US. However the guy that wants to buy the tv set, knows that this will need a great cost, crating, shipping, customs, etc...
Old 09-06-2016, 08:27 AM
VideoKarma Member

Many early color sets have been exported to Europe from the U.S. We have shipped sets to Italy, England, France and Russia. It isn't cheap, but there are good companies that will arrange shipping.
Old 09-06-2016, 01:00 PM
VideoKarma Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by radiomec View Post
Hello my friends!
In these past days a customer of mine is come in my home and fell in love for my Zenith Parkhurst that I have in my living room, so now he would buy one console roundie tv set.
What TV signals will he feed it? Be aware that the scan rates in Europe are different than those of the USA. And the sound subcarrier frequencies are also different. You'd have to sell him a DVD player and a US modulator or VCR set to play NTSC mode. A DVD player set to worldwide mode could play his existing DVDs and convert them to NTSC. His VCR tapes would not work though.
Old 09-06-2016, 01:52 PM
Resident Lunatic

Quote:
Originally Posted by wa2ise View Post
What TV signals will he feed it? Be aware that the scan rates in Europe are different than those of the USA. And the sound subcarrier frequencies are also different. You'd have to sell him a DVD player and a US modulator or VCR set to play NTSC mode. A DVD player set to worldwide mode could play his existing DVDs and convert them to NTSC. His VCR tapes would not work though.
I have a few foriegn sets in my collection. While a dual NTSC/PAL DVD player worked OK, the Aurora worldwide converter, which also functions as a TBC, was far and away the most elegant solution. The cost may be a turnoff for some, but if you're paying to have a set shipped to Europe anyway, Darryl's box is a drop in the proverbial bucket...
Old 09-07-2016, 04:56 PM
Marco Bacigalupo

Quote:
Originally Posted by wa2ise View Post
There aren't problems. When I bought my first Zenith Parkhurst, in Italy we still had the analog television, so I could watch only DVD with my player, but now there aren't problems, every Digital Decoder works with PAL or NTSC standards without problems. My Zenith is in my living room and works perfectly, of more I have a RCA CTC5 and a zenith porthole B&W. I'm a good technician and restorer and I know all the tv standards.
Old 09-07-2016, 05:05 PM
Marco Bacigalupo

Wink

Quote:
Originally Posted by benman94 View Post
I have a few foriegn sets in my collection. While a dual NTSC/PAL DVD player worked OK, the Aurora worldwide converter, which also functions as a TBC, was far and away the most elegant solution. The cost may be a turnoff for some, but if you're paying to have a set shipped to Europe anyway, Darryl's box is a drop in the proverbial bucket...
You're right Ben, I have also a standard converter that works very well, but normally if you have an european decoder for analog tv sets, they work with both PAL and NTSC standards.
Then I connect the digital decoder or the dvd player to an modulator with audio intercarrier at 4.5 MHz. All perfect!
Maybe sometime there is a slightly problem with the line frequency, some bars can be visible on the screen cause the beat between the our 50 Hz line frequency and 60Hz of the vertical deflection.
Old 09-07-2016, 10:05 PM
VideoKarma Member

I've bought many TVs from various Craigslist ads, and paid them through paypal or sent them a a money order via through mail, and then hired a mover off Uship.. I've always paid in between $150 and $250 to have a set moved on top of what the seller wants.. Some sets were something I really wanted.. So it depends on what the person is willing to spend.. I don't think I've ever paid more than $500 total...
Old 09-08-2016, 07:32 AM
Marco Bacigalupo

If you know someone that has a color roundie console that want to sell, please let me know! There isn't an important thing that it works. I'll repair it without problems.
Audiokarma
Old 09-08-2016, 08:18 AM
M is for Memory

Quote:
Originally Posted by tvcollector View Post
I've bought many TVs from various Craigslist ads, and paid them through paypal or sent them a a money order via through mail, and then hired a mover off Uship.. I've always paid in between $150 and $250 to have a set moved on top of what the seller wants.. Some sets were something I really wanted.. So it depends on what the person is willing to spend.. I don't think I've ever paid more than $500 total...
I don't think uship will deliver sets to Italy, though (at least not at that price).

Zenith: The quality stays in EVEN after the name falls off!
What I want. --> http://www.videokarma.org/showpost.p...62&postcount=4
Old 09-09-2016, 07:40 AM
VideoKarma Member

There is a Motorola 19CT1, a RCA CTC 9 and CTC 10 for sale on our classified pages:

www.earlytelevision.org/classifieds_color.html
Old 09-09-2016, 03:47 PM
Marco Bacigalupo

Quote:
Originally Posted by Steve McVoy View Post
There is a Motorola 19CT1, a RCA CTC 9 and CTC 10 for sale on our classified pages:

www.earlytelevision.org/classifieds_color.html
Very nice sets! RCA CTC 9 & CTC10 would be perfect, also if my friend maybe could prefer grat console type sets. How can I touch the owners?

Inviato dal mio GT-I9515 utilizzando Tapatalk
Old 09-09-2016, 04:14 PM
VideoKarma Member

Go to the link in my previous post. Each advertisement has contact information. Email addresses are shown as xxxx at yyy dot com. Change them to xxxx@yyy.com

Last edited by Electronic M; 09-09-2016 at 05:04 PM.
Old 09-09-2016, 05:24 PM
VideoKarma Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by Electronic M View Post
I don't think uship will deliver sets to Italy, though (at least not at that price).
Ouch.. I didn't see that..