Videokarma.org

Go Back   Videokarma.org TV - Video - Vintage Television & Radio Forums > Early B&W and Projection TV

We appreciate your help

in keeping this site going.

Old 12-06-2013, 05:49 PM
Spiteful Old Cuss

Come on, guys...Let's all kinda COOL IT, shall we ?
Old 12-07-2013, 07:49 AM
VideoKarma Member

Tom thinks I stole a set out from under his nose when I actually made a deal to buy it from another collector who had already locked up the sale. He called and offered it to me and I accepted. That's it. Tom hadn't even contacted the seller yet. I've explained this situation at least three times, he won't believe it, so it is what it is.

You had no reason to respond to the OP like that. These posts are not written just for your consideration. Jody had plenty of responses from the regulars around here with positive comments and helpful tips while you say you can't help until the way the post is written meets your standards. I say if that's the case, don't respond. If you call that an attack, so be it, but I will always stick up for someone if I feel it is warranted. No need for the response you gave. Your true colors came through in your second comments which is too bad because you are very smart and have experience well beyond your years. As far as going after you goes, anyone who has read the prior posts can see I was just defending myself, which I will continue to do, if necessary.

Last edited by ggregg; 12-09-2013 at 12:51 PM.
Old 12-07-2013, 09:47 AM
Workin' Late Again

I have no problem reading the OP, but then again my brain is wired a little goofy - sometimes I catch myself typing sentences backwards. At any rate, I believe the burden should fall on the person reading the individuals post. We all need to try to read each other within the context of our hobby. IMO it's actually a very good mental exercise learning to decipher different peoples short hand.

One the other hand Tom may be suffering from end of semester trauma. Things can get pretty intense when test grades are on the line. At least I think he's still in college.
Old 12-07-2013, 12:26 PM
Not sure how I got here.

Well, maybe '47 will try again, post his opening post on another thread, start fresh, and those who wish to respond in a positive way will do so, and he can get answers to questions he has, and be accepted, welcomed, and kinda forget about this wrong turn here.......
Old 12-08-2013, 06:45 PM
VideoKarma Member

Gee whizzz
Just found tv and started a fight instead!,boy did I walk into a minefield
Or what?
Audiokarma
Old 12-08-2013, 07:27 PM
Spiteful Old Cuss

Don't pay 'em any mind...
Old 12-08-2013, 08:22 PM
VideoKarma Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by 47'Plymouth View Post
Gee whizzz
Just found tv and started a fight instead!,boy did I walk into a minefield
Or what?
Just keep posting about your TV and do it in the way that is most comfortable for you . Folks who want to understand your posts , will .

Last edited by init4fun; 12-13-2013 at 06:12 PM. Reason: Remove comment
Old 12-08-2013, 09:54 PM
VideoKarma Member

why on earth is this a issue, i suppose if this was a book club or something it might be an issue. most of the time when someone post a subject there just to say whats on there mind about a tv , or a problem there having . not to stop and make sure everything is writen out perfectly, they just want to make a statement ,and sometimes there already frustrated ,or excited about a cool find, spelling is not on a person's mind ,if you can read a text now days from people your doing pretty good. i have seen people leave out complete words, or hit the wrong key on the keypad , changing a word completely but use common sense you know what there trying to say. dont swet the little things in life .
Old 12-09-2013, 08:23 AM
Not sure how I got here.

Very true, this is not a literary forum....
Old 12-09-2013, 11:46 AM
VideoKarma Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by Username1 View Post
Very true, this is not a literary forum....
Plus one. I was about to comment as well. But it is still early and I just deleted what was going to say. You guys did a good job of it.

Now, lets see if we can continue!
Audiokarma
Old 12-10-2013, 02:03 PM
VideoKarma Member

Hello '47 Plymouth, I for one would be interested in reading more about your suitcase TV. Those don't seem to show up on ebay very often at all
Old 12-10-2013, 05:13 PM
VideoKarma Member

Hi 47 PLYMOUTH,

Congratulations on your barn find these are great sets to work on. This is my first response in this forum so I hope I am getting this right. I own four of these and have restored two. One these sets I watch for 40 minutes twice a week with no problems the other sits pretty on a shelf. These were cheap dependable sets in there day. In your post you asked about service info this really depends on which 208 model you have there is the model 208TL 208TM 208TR the TL & TM use a rectangular plug to connect chassis together. The 208TR uses an octal style plug. 208TR uses different service info sams set 95 folder no 6 The TL & TM use sams set 90 folder 11 if you have model TL OR TM before you get to far into the restoration check the resistance readings on the ballast tube. The label with the model number is usually missing in these sets but, the model is often hand written on the cardboard where you adjust vertical and horizontal center on the back of set. I hope this helps.

ROY
TV'&MORE

Last edited by TV'S&MORE; 12-10-2013 at 05:45 PM. Reason: added more information
Old 12-12-2013, 01:32 PM
VideoKarma Member

It's a 208TR with a round plug!,is that an early production
Serial#379921 on the inside right a rubber stamp

Last edited by 47'Plymouth; 12-12-2013 at 01:37 PM.
Old 12-12-2013, 06:30 PM
VideoKarma Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by 47'Plymouth View Post
It's a 208TR with a round plug!,is that an early production
Serial#379921 on the inside right a rubber stamp
Hi 47 PLYMOUTH the TR is a latter model than the TL & TM .The TR chassis was also used in firestone and slivertone models produced by Tele-Tone. Tele-Tone was known for using different chassis in same cabinet. This has often lead to confusion for those who are not familiar with these sets. Hope this helps.
Old 12-13-2013, 12:13 PM
VideoKarma Member

Do you TV AND MORE
Have extra bottom chassis for this 208TR that you could spare
Due mine is RAT DAMAGED AND PEE RUSTED?,
This one sat to long in open shed!,the top chassis is not bad will clean nicely
With picture tube,just curious?
Audiokarma