Videokarma.org

Go Back   Videokarma.org TV - Video - Vintage Television & Radio Forums > Early Color Television

We appreciate your help

in keeping this site going.

Old 01-18-2005, 02:53 PM
Spiteful Old Cuss

Telecolor, if you can, maybe it wouldn't be a bad idea to gather up as many of those "Soviet-era" artifacts as you can. They COULD be very valuable one day. Trabants, I understand, command a pretty good price nowadays. People get nostalgic for some of the strangest things... I don't know if a good clean Dacia would ever make you rich, but you could possibly turn a nice profit on one...-Sandy G.
Old 01-18-2005, 03:17 PM
VideoKarma Member

I need a CRT!!!!! lol.
Old 01-18-2005, 09:09 PM
VideoKarma Member

Mbates14

I have the same chassis as you except without the Z at the end. Mine is in a different cabinet. I can also scan the SAMS I have for it which is SAMS 803 Folder 4.

Ross
Old 01-19-2005, 12:13 AM
VideoKarma Member

Could you scan those for me? Thanks!
Old 01-19-2005, 03:20 AM
heathkit tv

Comrades, I would very much greatly like to purchase either a Zil or Zis as I find a pseudo copy of a capitalistic pig Packard built by a Communist country most ironic. Dank you.

Anthony
Audiokarma
Old 01-19-2005, 06:21 AM
Spiteful Old Cuss

....I want a Zaporozhets...the Ruskie answer to the Corvair...Hey Anthony,'member a few years back, some dude in Canada was gonna import Zils-the current models that look like stretched "Blues Brothers" 1974 Plymouths-and give them the stretch treatment? Of course the deal fell thru, 'cause there was NO WAY a Soviet car could be made to comply w/Western safety & pollution regs...but interesting cocept, nonetheless.-sandy G.
Old 01-19-2005, 08:39 AM
VideoKarma Member

? What are you talking about ? lol. That came out of nowhere and was way off topic. hehe.
Old 01-19-2005, 12:22 PM
heathkit tv

This strange interlude brought to you by message #46

"Lada" is Russian for "Let's get FIAT to build us a giant factory so we can make an obsolete car for 30 years and then screw them on the deal and kick them out of our country"

For those who don't know and probably don't care. Packard sold or gave their pre-war (WWII) body dies to Russia who then built a cobbled up version with a tractor engine for many years. I saw Gorby driving thru San Fran in the late 80's while he was in his 60's Chrysler clone limo. Last I heard, Russia stopped building any of their luxury cars as they couldn't compete against Mercedes etc.

Anthony
Old 01-19-2005, 03:24 PM
VideoKarma Member

? i know nothing of what your talking about.

Im over here in the electronics world right now. lol, get back down from mars and back to the usa. hehe.
Old 01-19-2005, 03:32 PM
I love old stuff

Don't laugh at "Z.I.L (Z.I.S.)". I konow a woman who owns a 40 years! old "Z.I.L." refergerator ("Z.I.L." is most known to Romaninans for the refrigerators, not everyone knows that "Z.I.L." manufactured cars) at the refrigerator was never repaird in it's whole life.
By the way, Z.I.L.=Zavod Imeni Lihaciov former Z.I.S.=Zavod Imeni Stalin (Lihaciov was a director at the "Z.I.L." plants).
2 "Z.I.L."-155 buses where used as reportage vans in the '50's (maybe in the '60's too). They where fist used February the 5th, 1957. The fyrst subject of the first reportage made oustide the Romanian (State) Televsion was the French singer Ives Montand (he also was the first singer broadcasted via satelit in 1962!!!)-he had a concert at "Floreasca (today Lucian Grigoresco)" sport hall in Bucharest in that day.
On the pictures "Z.I.S." 155, "Z.I.L." 111 and "Z.I.S." 110.

By the way, the soviet color picture tube where disatrous!!! A guy that I know went to Moscow in the '80's and sow in a shop some Soviet color tvs.
The image wasn't identical at none of the tvs.
Audiokarma
Old 01-19-2005, 03:36 PM
I love old stuff

@Sabdy G. Have you ever been in Romania?
Old 01-19-2005, 05:41 PM
VideoKarma Member

WHat happened to this thread??!?!?!? we skeeeered off topic abit.
Old 01-19-2005, 09:32 PM
VideoKarma Member

mb, just trying to take your mind off the bad crt! While we are screwing around maybe one will turn up!

Tele-I like that bus!

Car & Driver or somebody had a good article last year about a couple guys in the old Soviet bloc who were building all sorts of cool custom cars. They had this one real smooth looking beast, had a BMW drivetrain or some such, but it was built from a car from Romania or someplace. Sorry, Tele, if this sounds like I'm "dissing" Romania-feel free to make fun of Maryland in return!
Old 01-19-2005, 09:51 PM
On Land

Quote:
Originally Posted by bgadow
mb, just trying to take your mind off the bad crt! While we are screwing around maybe one will turn up!
Bryan is right, Mike. Don't worry bout your pix tube... one will turn up. Have some patience and some faith. In the meantime, clean up the old chassis. You could also change your lytics, then fire it up to see if it's getting audio from the speaker. Lots can be done for now. A tube will surface.

He who dies with the most toys still dies.
Old 01-19-2005, 10:27 PM
...enjoys spaghetti.

Telecolor,

Awesome pics! Thanks for showing them. If you have any more, could you post them in the off-topic section?

That 50s Zil limo looks like a 56 Packard in front, and a 56 Chrysler Imperial from the side. The older one looks like Packard mixed with '42 Chrysler!

What are the cars in the background of that 50s limo? The second one looks like a 59 Cadillac mixed with '61 Ford!

I love old Soviet luxury cars... They look like they're from some kind of alternate time-line! (in a good way, lol) If Hollywood was at all creative, they'd use a bunch of those Soviet cars in a time-travel movie.

Could you imagine the stares at cruise night if you rolled up in a Zil limo???

Last edited by Carmine; 01-19-2005 at 10:31 PM.
Audiokarma