Videokarma.org

Go Back   Videokarma.org TV - Video - Vintage Television & Radio Forums > Introductions

We appreciate your help

in keeping this site going.

Prev Previous Post   Next Post Next
Old 05-29-2014, 07:36 AM
Woodbridge, Virginia

Hello From Virginia - Need Help!

Greetings All!
Happy to find this place!
I am a collector of all things old... as the pic indicates below. That's my "toy" room.
I have a 1971 Sylvania TV 27inch that I keep in my collection room. When I bought it - it turned on fast but the picture turned at an angle.
I finally talked a TV repair shop to come out. They ended up taking it back to their shop. 6 weeks later and 380 dollars later... they kind of fixed it. It would only work with one type of VCR... it still pulled a little on top and bottom. but it worked. They said it was the best that could be done for a 43 year old TV. So I went with it and set it back up.
It lasted 2 weeks with just a few hours of use. Now its pulling horizontally again and no tweaking on the knobs and controls will pull it straight again.
My grandfather was a TV and Appliance repairman from the 50s to the 90s. I wish I had paid more attention when I watched him repair things... I am an IT guy... but not an old school repair guy.
So my question is - is there anything I can do to work on it myself... or better yet is there anyone from the forum here that lives in the Northern Virginia area that would be willing to look her over and help me out?
I have posted a few pics of it working and then now - not again.
THANKS ALL!!
Attached Images
File Type: jpg 20140222_185217.jpg (29.1 KB, 22 views)
File Type: jpg 20131019_193029.jpg (88.7 KB, 40 views)
File Type: jpg 20140503_135721.jpg (114.5 KB, 51 views)
File Type: jpg 20140524_201015.jpg (65.6 KB, 45 views)