Videokarma.org

Go Back   Videokarma.org TV - Video - Vintage Television & Radio Forums > General Off Topic Forums

We appreciate your help

in keeping this site going.

Old 06-21-2017, 04:25 PM
M is for Memory

It seems many siblings are greedy bastards when their parents croak....My Grandparents had 2 vehicles, 2 properties, antiques and some savings before my ants (I don't feel they're deserving of the 'u' normally in that title) got hold of her....One got most of it because she was the only one left in state (after mom and another sister moved to different states) and basically tricked/forced Grandma into giving her power of attorney...Once that was done she stripped her of her money and dumped her in a series of nursing homes (some not so good I heard) where she lived out her days...At the end there was "nothing left" for the other sisters, despite mom having taken care of Grandma and helping her keep her independence up until we moved...We got essentially nothing. Save for a few things we were able to grab first while cleaning out grandma's second house a few years before we moved....I've got a Heathkit A-7E monoblock that would have hit the dumpster, and my folks have some of the fossils I found (and thus saved from being demolished with a shed), though the sisters made a point of bullying us out of the better ones.....The sisters are both mean fat pigs (outside and in).
There is a summer cabin jointly owned by mom and the sisters that they have been trying to periodically use to scam money out of us. It is about all that connects us to them and if they keep up the BS we can screw them over on it real easy....Apparently the only way to divide the property if we decide we want out of the joint ownership is for the whole property to be sold and the proceeds divided so if they piss us off too much they will have to find a new place and we profit from all the unnecessary improvements they've added to the property.
Personally I'd rather see us save up some cash and buy them out though...

Zenith: The quality stays in EVEN after the name falls off!
What I want. --> http://www.videokarma.org/showpost.p...62&postcount=4
Old 06-21-2017, 04:35 PM
Spiteful Old Cuss

I have not even spoke to The Thing since that bad joke of an inheritance was dumped on me. But believe me, one day I will, & she's gonna learn loud & clear just how much of a gawdam lowlife she really is. But this has been her Modus Operandi all her life. My paternal granny basically disinherited me when I was born a boy-She wanted a little girl since she had my dad & uncle. Then I came out w/a Stem on my apple, & I got the short shrift from then on. My gran was PSYCHOTIC about money-Made me take her bills all over town & pay 'em-& then bragged about how much money she saved in stamps...My gas & time ? That was just tough. I oughta praise the Lord that she allowed me to handle her electric bill... She was a Sergeant Major-3 up & 3 down. NOBODY ever called her hand on her amazingly shitty behavior, so it just got more & more onerous as she got older. She DID live in 3 centuries-Born 1898 in Chattanooga, & died 2002 bere in Bugtussle. The Lord kept her outta his hair as long as he could, I guess...
Old 06-21-2017, 04:46 PM
Don't mess with Esther.

That reminds me of a comment I saw about a scene in The Lost World on YouTube:

Quote:
Why did this good man have to die yet most all of the a-holes in the movie live?
I thought of an answer quickly enough: It was the easiest way to add realism.
Old 06-21-2017, 09:49 PM
Spiteful Old Cuss

My granparents went to Louisville, Ky on business about every other month. They'd come home, Papaw would open the trunk of the Caddy, & the dresses would FLY out... But they were generally dresses a superannuated grandmother would buy for her granddaughter- Think Little Miss Buttercup & you'd have a pretty good idea. The Thing would put 'em on to show Gran, & then never look at 'em again-she was strictly a blue jeans & t-shirt type. My Papaw didn't me to think he was too cheap- So most of the time, he'd bring me back a few silver Franklin Half Dollars. And it about KILLED my loving, sweet granny to give them to me-I was the weird kid who liked books, coins, stuff like that... I still have a few of 'em squirreled away, but Dear Little Buttercup dresses are long since gone. I apologise about going on & on over this, but making fun of it all has been the main thing, I think, that has kept me from going absolute & totally NUTZ...
Old 06-22-2017, 08:39 AM
M is for Memory

Quote:
Originally Posted by Sandy G View Post
The Lord kept her outta his hair as long as he could, I guess...
I think I'm going to use that one someday...

Audiokarma
Old 06-22-2017, 10:58 AM
Don't mess with Esther.

Quote:
The Lord kept her outta his hair as long as he could, I guess...
Seems he's doing the same with the queen.
Quote:
I apologise about going on & on over this, but making fun of it all has been the main thing, I think, that has kept me from going absolute & totally NUTZ...
Uh, I think it's a little late for that.

Haha, j/k.
Old 06-22-2017, 09:47 PM
Spiteful Old Cuss

The REALLY sad thing is that, had the situation been reversed, I would NEVER in a million years hae treated her as shittily as she did me. There was PLENTY enuf for both of us to have done well the rest of our days. Henry, my dad, died like 5 yrs ago, I have tried several times to "Bury the Hatchet" w/my sister, & have never even got so much as a BIG "Fuh-Kue" in response. I did NOT go to see my dad much in the last part pf his life, part of it was my sister let it be known that I was most definitely NOT welcome over there., another thing was that I was getting over a slight stroke, & was not comfortable trying to do much w/him, as I was none too sure exactly what I was able to do myself. I'd go over there, & she'd be crying, "Henry god-damned me up one side of the room, & down the other...".. Another thing was, too, Well, my dad DID have a pretty nasty temper, but if YOU didn't provoke him, most of the time he wasn't THAT bad. Mary Lou, shit, they may as well have made up the term "Drama Queen" especially for her. She NEVER has been happy unless she's had 2 or 3 "Three Ring C ircuses" going on, all at the same time. You guys know me pretty well, I've always tried HARD to treat everybody fair & equal.. Life's too short to be wasted on penny-ante BS.. I'm SURE I may have rubbed a few of you the wrong way a time or 2, but it never has been done on purpose.. Homey just basically DON'T wanna play that way....
Old 06-23-2017, 09:27 AM
M is for Memory

Sandy be glad of one thing: your Grandma seems to have had a constant hatred of boys of all ages so you had consistency.

I have an Aunt on the other side of the family who's hatred is age dependent....She thinks babys n' YOUNG kids are kute as chit, and drools over all the men, but viscerally hates boys. She even decided she wasn't going to have kids if it could not be guaranteed she'd have a girl (which is good since IMHO that kinda level o' loony shouldn't procreate). From infancy to maybe age 8 I had this fascination over the seemingly majikal contraption known as a Vacuum cleener (probably cause I watched the hell out of a movie called "The Brave Little Toaster" when I was an ankle biter). Whenever I'd visit that ants house after the usual howdy doodys I'd go straight to they closet they kept theirs in, opened it and went "hello vacuum!"....She thought it was cute as hell till I became what she classified as a "boy" at ~3-5 years old, then without warning she screamed somthin mean at me when I did it...I was a bit hurt/shocked as I did not know what I'd done wrong....After that they tended to not give me gifts on the holidays and my younger cousins who also happened to be girls got all that nut's affection....Sweet, sweet revenge happened at one party when I was ~6-8, the last party before those nutz mooved to las-vargas IIRC.

Sometimes God will see that someone who wronged you needs a good kick in the ass and will use you as the instrument to that end without your knowledge....Someone had booked a wing of a restaurant for a soiree. I had a tonne of fun and so did my little cousins as we played together, the shed-evil had layed out a huge spread of presents for my cousins and got me bumpkiss. The folks did an xpert job o' savin my feelings by sayin' "Those toys are for babies! You don't want baby toys, Tom" and right they were. Later on we were eating, and I had a steak....Now you gotta know at the time I was just startin' to cut my own meat n' they gave me nextra tough customer ta eat....Da shed-evil was sittin' a good ways a way. I remember distinctly havin a piece almost cut n' tryin REAL hard to finch the job soz I could eat it, and then it TOTALLY disapperin'....It was SO gone that after lookin' round briefly I concluded I must not have had the piece in the first place n was immaginin havin a near done slice, n so carried on hackin like nutin happened. Mom saw what happened n was the only one (cept maybe dad who she let in on it, IIRC they were supresing laughter)....About that time through some quirk of physics a piece of misteak alighted a top the perm of da shed-evil herself a good ways away and behind me...She looked around angrilly, but could not locate the source (me). To add insects to injury, apparently my folks had just (the last few days) invited all my relatives there cept da shed-evil and her hubby to my upcommin birthday party...N at the end I got up (cheerful out goin social butter-fly I wuz back then) N said "uncles, uncles the party is gunna be at my place!"...Inadvertently rubbin it in/anouncin we left HER out.

Instant-karm-a-lized steaks gunna got her. (to butcher some beatels musick)

Old 06-23-2017, 08:35 PM
Gimpus Stereophilus!

Happy Birthday, Unca Sandy!!! May Instant-Karm-a-lized steaks happen to her, and please save some for my so called late, not so lamented Step-Dad also. I think you need to cue up some Robert Cray and the famous "Strong Persuader" album subtitled "All you need to know about women!
Old 06-24-2017, 09:20 AM
Don't mess with Esther.

Bad step-dad eh? Been there, done that, got the t-shirt. Trying not to provoke that one was like walking on a minefield. Dead for 14 years now because of excessive drinking, big relief for mom and I.
Audiokarma
Old 06-24-2017, 06:03 PM
Spiteful Old Cuss

Quote:
Originally Posted by Electronic M View Post
Sandy be glad of one thing: your Grandma seems to have had a constant hatred of boys of all ages so you had consistency.

I have an Aunt on the other side of the family who's hatred is age dependent....She thinks babys n' YOUNG kids are kute as chit, and drools over all the men, but viscerally hates boys. She even decided she wasn't going to have kids if it could not be guaranteed she'd have a girl (which is good since IMHO that kinda level o' loony shouldn't procreate). From infancy to maybe age 8 I had this fascination over the seemingly majikal contraption known as a Vacuum cleener (probably cause I watched the hell out of a movie called "The Brave Little Toaster" when I was an ankle biter). Whenever I'd visit that ants house after the usual howdy doodys I'd go straight to they closet they kept theirs in, opened it and went "hello vacuum!"....She thought it was cute as hell till I became what she classified as a "boy" at ~3-5 years old, then without warning she screamed somthin mean at me when I did it...I was a bit hurt/shocked as I did not know what I'd done wrong....After that they tended to not give me gifts on the holidays and my younger cousins who also happened to be girls got all that nut's affection....Sweet, sweet revenge happened at one party when I was ~6-8, the last party before those nutz mooved to las-vargas IIRC.

Sometimes God will see that someone who wronged you needs a good kick in the ass and will use you as the instrument to that end without your knowledge....Someone had booked a wing of a restaurant for a soiree. I had a tonne of fun and so did my little cousins as we played together, the shed-evil had layed out a huge spread of presents for my cousins and got me bumpkiss. The folks did an xpert job o' savin my feelings by sayin' "Those toys are for babies! You don't want baby toys, Tom" and right they were. Later on we were eating, and I had a steak....Now you gotta know at the time I was just startin' to cut my own meat n' they gave me nextra tough customer ta eat....Da shed-evil was sittin' a good ways a way. I remember distinctly havin a piece almost cut n' tryin REAL hard to finch the job soz I could eat it, and then it TOTALLY disapperin'....It was SO gone that after lookin' round briefly I concluded I must not have had the piece in the first place n was immaginin havin a near done slice, n so carried on hackin like nutin happened. Mom saw what happened n was the only one (cept maybe dad who she let in on it, IIRC they were supresing laughter)....About that time through some quirk of physics a piece of misteak alighted a top the perm of da shed-evil herself a good ways away and behind me...She looked around angrilly, but could not locate the source (me). To add insects to injury, apparently my folks had just (the last few days) invited all my relatives there cept da shed-evil and her hubby to my upcommin birthday party...N at the end I got up (cheerful out goin social butter-fly I wuz back then) N said "uncles, uncles the party is gunna be at my place!"...Inadvertently rubbin it in/anouncin we left HER out.

Instant-karm-a-lized steaks gunna got her. (to butcher some beatels musick)
Oh, yeah. Birthdays, X-mas, all that was a Big Deal for Miss Izzy-Paternal granny. I'd get a call maybe 9.00 AM, "Nonny"-Miss Izzy- wants to give you "A little something for yr Birthday. Oh, Lord, PLEASE let me have that stroke I've been working on.. She'd always give you 50 bux for b -days, maybe 100 for X-mas. The catch was, She OWNED yerass the rest of the day. You had to haul her around al over Hell & half of Georgia.. I can go to a grocery "Stow"-as she called 'em spend maybe half an hour, & I'm outta there. NEVER worked that way w/miss Izzy.She NEVER would get more than a couple of items, but you had to take her all over town, she'd check the prices at THIS Stow, & THAT Stow, & you'd ALWAYS have to take something back, 'cause THAT Stow was gonna charge her 10 cents more than the 1st Stow did. And she got to hold court & visit w/all the other Little old Ladies... WORST trick she ever pulled was make me stand in the Egg line, & she'd swap the smaller eggasfor larger ones. I'd stand there, play dumb, & hope & pray nobody noticed-Which they ALWAYS did.. I'd just get a very pained look on my face, & the egg dept guys would be rolling all over the floor, laughing so hard. I never really found out how much Doh-Rey-Me she really had, but I think I could prolly have bought every other AK denizen a G-33K, if they wanted it. But the Gummint got it ALL, she never would let us try to keep a little bit from the tax man. My Uncle told me they ended up givin' Uncle Sugar 78% of everything she had. I got a house, & was told I was lucky I didn't have to sell it to pay My Fair Share. I've been told by tax guys & accountants there was NO WAY we could have ended up owing that much, but we did. Apparently, when someone busts the 100 year old age thing, the Gummint gets to do about whatever they want. I remember one birthday, I saw a jade plant & got it. THAT threw Miss Izzy into overdrive, she started speaking in tongues because I was WASTING money... Some of you might have trouble believing me on all this. I will admit to being a pretty decent "Artiste De Bullchip", but there's NO WAY I could ever dream up anything THAT good..
Old 06-27-2017, 10:33 PM
electronics packrat

A belated Happy Birthday coming to you from that far off corner of the world known as Jefferson City, Tennessee.
Old 07-15-2017, 11:30 PM
Spiteful Old Cuss

I prolly SHOULDN'T be going on & on about my personal problems, but just being able to get some of it off my chest helps quite a lot. I'd STILL love to plant one of my size13 triple wide, steel toed Redwings up her keister....