Videokarma.org

Go Back   Videokarma.org TV - Video - Vintage Television & Radio Forums > General Off Topic Forums

We appreciate your help

in keeping this site going.

Old 06-13-2017, 07:38 PM
Peanut Head

Happy Birthday Unca Sandy!

Happy Birthday! You old fart....

Let me live in the house beside the road and be a friend to man.
Old 06-13-2017, 08:00 PM
M is for Memory

Happy B-day!

Zenith: The quality stays in EVEN after the name falls off!
What I want. --> http://www.videokarma.org/showpost.p...62&postcount=4
Old 06-13-2017, 08:44 PM
Spiteful Old Cuss

Danke Schoen, Danke to all of yas...If I could have a birthday gift that well & truly meant something, I'd try to find a way for all of us to meet up ! Would absolutely LOVE havin' the whole Kit 'n'Kaboodle come visit.. Would at least, for oncet, show off my Boat Anchorage & not have to explain 5011 times WHY the R-3XXs are still The Bee's Knees.
Old 06-13-2017, 09:44 PM
Followin' the Rules...

...and I thought R-390s were the cat's meow. I stand corrected. Bees knees they are.

Happy Birthday!!
"Capacitor Cosmetologist since '79"

When fuses go to work, they quit!
Old 06-13-2017, 10:55 PM
See yourself on Color TV!

Happy Birthday!
Audiokarma
Old 06-13-2017, 11:59 PM
<---WANTED: Motorola 17P6

Happy birthday upon ya.. D

SR
Old 06-14-2017, 12:43 AM
VideoKarma Member

Happy Birthday.
Old 06-14-2017, 09:53 AM
Will fix about Anything

Happy B day, you haven't caught up to me yet
Old 06-14-2017, 01:47 PM
Don't mess with Esther.

Happy birthday Sandman! Now, how about a 21-gun salute for yourself?
Old 06-18-2017, 08:18 PM
Analogue is Awesome

I hope you had a g00d birthday Sandy
Audiokarma
Old 06-18-2017, 08:59 PM
Spiteful Old Cuss

Well, we celebrated things THIS just past weekend, 'cause LAST weekend, when it REALLY was, Lauriann had to work, & that more or less put the Quietus on any big celebration. There is a Marriott Inn up in Kingsport, & on Fridays they have an "All You Can Stsnd" Fish fry. Bethany & Corey always are invited, they also have king crab legs, this soire' is about the only place we can REALLY fill Corey up..Miss Pris has decided SHE likes'em, too, & can put away a pretty respectable pile of 'em by herself. I don't need to tell y'all how much I LOVE Bethany, my wife just makes a dirty face if you ask her about Bethany. But don't be fooled-She loves Bethany every bit as much as I do. Those 2 are thicker than thieves w/each other. Same goes for Corey-I was VERY concerned when Bethany started dating, I was all worried she'd marry some goof ball who would move away, & we'd never get to see them again. But things sometimes work out OK- They recently bought a house on the far end of town, looks like we'll get to KEEP 'em.. I don't think she could have done better, even if she'd had 2 battalions of Philadelphia lawyers working for her. He's a truck driver, & was none too happy about going out on the road. I told him not to worry, as long as myself & Lauriann are around, if Bethany gets into a Pickle, all she has to do is call, & help is on the way. Not that she'd really need much help-She is about the most self-assured young'un, I ever met.. Funny how some kid who's not even any kin can get under yr skin..
Old 06-19-2017, 08:29 AM
Don't mess with Esther.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Sandy G View Post
Funny how some kid who's not even any kin can get under yr skin..
Well, not really. I don't know my family other than mom, those whose existence I'm even aware of. Blood relations usually don't mean squat in my experience, relatives will leave you high and dry if you need help as easy as any casual acquaintance. On the flip-flop, someone I had just met was willing to help out very recently, no questions asked. I've been in contact with his daughter for a few weeks but had never spoken with him before.
Old 06-19-2017, 07:14 PM
VideoKarma Member

Happy belated BD Sandy.
Old 06-21-2017, 02:50 PM
Spiteful Old Cuss

I was talkin' to my wife the other night about Bethany, & remarked on how she has been a stalwart/true friend as long as I've known her, more of a sister than the dreadful Thing who really IS my sister. She was executor of my dad's estate, which basically meant I got Bupkis as far as an inheritance was concerned. My dad reputedly had everything cut right down the middle, but she told him (Bragged to me) that she told him if he didn't sign EVERYTHING over to her, she was gonna toss his ass in a Nursing Home, & forget him. He had a small collection of guns, that my sister cared NOTHING about, but said they had all been given away when I asked about them. I was NEVER consulted about ANY aspect of his will-She sent me a registered letter saying what I was gonna get-Take it or leave it. Like my best friend said, she's greedy & EVIL. Worst thing though, HAS to be that she spread a bunch of BS that I was, & apparently have been bangin' Bethany for as long as I've known her.I took up w/Bethany because a saw a smart, pretty little child who had NOT had an especially easy childhood, & was regarded by her parents as a way of both of them getting back at the other. Plus, she was ALMOST as big of a "Wiseguy" as I am. She INSISTED I teach her how to drive my Excursion when she was 9-10, & by the time she got her Learner's permit, she drove well enuf that I wouldn't had too much to say if, for whatever reason, she had to drive to the West Coast. She was THAT good. Once she got her Learner's, she wouldn't let me drive hardly at all. She'd grab the keys, & it was Off To the Races. Thing of it was, at night I'd take her home, & most of the time, I honestly couldn't tell you which one of us had had the Better Time that day-Me or her.
Old 06-21-2017, 03:14 PM
Don't mess with Esther.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Sandy G View Post
I was talkin' to my wife the other night about Bethany, & remarked on how she has been a stalwart/true friend as long as I've known her, more of a sister than the dreadful Thing who really IS my sister. She was executor of my dad's estate, which basically meant I got Bupkis as far as an inheritance was concerned. My dad reputedly had everything cut right down the middle, but she told him (Bragged to me) that she told him if he didn't sign EVERYTHING over to her, she was gonna toss his ass in a Nursing Home, & forget him. He had a small collection of guns, that my sister cared NOTHING about, but said they had all been given away when I asked about them. I was NEVER consulted about ANY aspect of his will-She sent me a registered letter saying what I was gonna get-Take it or leave it. Like my best friend said, she's greedy & EVIL. Worst thing though, HAS to be that she spread a bunch of BS that I was, & apparently have been bangin' Bethany for as long as I've known her.
Man that's nasty! And I thought certain people from my patchwork quilt of a family are bad news.

Mom was adopted by my great-great uncle and his wife, both of which have passed on, and so was her brother so she has no biological linkage to anyone we know.That doesn't matter if the adopted family members are close, but we never were. Oh, I forgot about the one cousin she's seen only once and that woman's father but when mom called her for help - twice actually - the call was never returned, so F them.

Last edited by Jon A.; 06-21-2017 at 03:30 PM.
Audiokarma