Videokarma.org

Go Back   Videokarma.org TV - Video - Vintage Television & Radio Forums > Recorded Video

We appreciate your help

in keeping this site going.

Old 01-16-2013, 09:30 PM
VideoKarma Member

Cartrivision made an appearance on "What's My Line?"
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=CPEjhiOk2XI

This introduction video called it an electronic miracle. You can also see the skip field recording effect.
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=pXEiJ1e6Iqk
Old 01-20-2013, 01:19 AM
Another CT-100 lives!

Thank you for those links!

Quote from another forum: "(Antique TV collecting) always seemed to me to be a fringe hobby that only weirdos did."
Old 10-07-2013, 12:16 AM
VideoKarma Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by ChrisW6ATV View Post
"Cartrivision". I dreamed of buying one from Olson for the $250 they wanted in 1978 or so. Later, I found a real Betamax VCR for $320 instead.
Chris;
You are quite probably the ONLY guy I ever heard of that actually wanted a Cartrivision....now we will see if you are truly obsessed....I have a brand new one still in the original BOX with cartridges to boot. Interested? CALL ME. 310-534-4456 Bob Burchett....I am not kidding dude! Been storing it for quite a while "waiting for you to come along". Bob Burchett (Torrance CA)
Old 10-07-2013, 01:08 AM
M is for Memory

He is not the only one who has wanted one. If you checkout a site called Labguy's World he sought out and obtained a cartrivision machine and tapes.

I have a soft spot for obsolete and unusual recording equipment myself(I've got beta decks, selectavision, Laserdisc, Sony's first U-matic deck as well as their odd ball AV-5000A non standard EAIJ color VTR). I once had a chance to buy a Cartrivision machine and tapes some time ago, but the guy selling them did not show up at the swap meet while I was there so I could not buy them.

Zenith: The quality stays in EVEN after the name falls off!
What I want. --> http://www.videokarma.org/showpost.p...62&postcount=4
Old 10-07-2013, 09:07 AM
VideoKarma Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by Electronic M View Post
He is not the only one who has wanted one. If you checkout a site called Labguy's World he sought out and obtained a cartrivision machine and tapes.

I have a soft spot for obsolete and unusual recording equipment myself(I've got beta decks, selectavision, Laserdisc, Sony's first U-matic deck as well as their odd ball AV-5000A non standard EAIJ color VTR). I once had a chance to buy a Cartrivision machine and tapes some time ago, but the guy selling them did not show up at the swap meet while I was there so I could not buy them.
I saw one of those odd-ball Quasar V100??.
Do you have one of those? That thing went over like a lead balloon.
Audiokarma
Old 10-07-2013, 04:35 PM
M is for Memory

Nope. I've never seen one in person or for sale for a price I could afford(Good stuff tends to pop out of the wood work when I'm broke).

Zenith: The quality stays in EVEN after the name falls off!
What I want. --> http://www.videokarma.org/showpost.p...62&postcount=4
Old 10-08-2013, 01:37 AM
Another CT-100 lives!

Quote:
Originally Posted by BobBurchett View Post
Chris;
You are quite probably the ONLY guy I ever heard of that actually wanted a Cartrivision....now we will see if you are truly obsessed....I have a brand new one still in the original BOX with cartridges to boot. Interested? CALL ME. 310-534-4456 Bob Burchett....I am not kidding dude! Been storing it for quite a while "waiting for you to come along". Bob Burchett (Torrance CA)
Bob-

I will get in contact with you. I may indeed be nuts enough to still be interested in that equipment.

Quote from another forum: "(Antique TV collecting) always seemed to me to be a fringe hobby that only weirdos did."