Videokarma.org

Go Back   Videokarma.org TV - Video - Vintage Television & Radio Forums > VideoKarma Classifieds

We appreciate your help

in keeping this site going.

Old 05-27-2010, 06:56 PM
VideoKarma Member

Vintage Wireless Museum standards converters

This message has also been posted on the UK Vintage Radio Forum
http://www.vintage-radio.net/forum/s...814#post333814
The PDF referred to in the text is too big to be posted here.

The Vintage Wireless Museum in South London is revamping its TV distribution arrangements. Darryl Hock(Tubesrule) has kindly donated two Aurorae to the Museum which will be the basis of the new 405 line distribution system.

This means that there is an exceptional opportunity to acquire historic, rare and sought after 625 to 405 conversion equipment. The following equipment is available.

1. 625 to 405 analogue standards converter CO6/501 built by Pye to BBC design. This has not worked for many years but is believed to be complete. There is a full set of manuals and circuit diagrams. There may be some spare boards. The converter is built into a pair of 19" rack cabinets, each about 7 feet tall. They can be separated for transport.

2. 625 to 405 digital standards converter CO6/509 built by the BBC. This is in working order but may have minor faults. There is a full set of manuals and circuit diagrams. There may be some spare boards. The converter is currently housed in the lower half of the left bay of the CO6/501 above. If bought together with the CO6/501 it can be left in situ. Otherwise it will be supplied as a set of chassis, ready to install in a 19" rack. We can supply a separate 30" high rack suitable for this converter.

Notes:
I am happy to answer questions about these items, either in open forum or by PM. Please ask in open forum if possible.

Personal inspection invited if you are serious about buying these items. Please contact me to discuss.

Buyer(s) collects by arrangement. The CO6/501 will need a van. The CO6/509 will go in an ordinary hatchback. Please contact me to discuss.

The picture and waveform monitors, modulator, PLUGE etc currently installed in the left hand bay are not part of either converter and are not included in the sale. The SPG in the right bay is not included either. Some of these items may be available by negotiation.

Photos of much of the converter racks can be seen in one of my articles at which I have attached as a PDF. The photos also include much of the equipment that is not for sale.

Prices:
Both converters are by donation to the Museum. The minimum we will accept is a total of £500 for the pair of converters. I appreciate this may cause difficulty if they go to 2 different people so I propose minimums of £300 for the digital CO6/509 and £200 for the analogue CO6/501 subject to the total offered exceeding £500.