Videokarma.org

Go Back   Videokarma.org TV - Video - Vintage Television & Radio Forums > Early Color Television

We appreciate your help

in keeping this site going.

Old 05-14-2007, 05:16 PM
VideoKarma Member

Wanted: TK40 or TK41 Color Studio Camera

Would anyone out there know of a TK40 or TK41 color camera for sale? At any price?? I need to find one that is available for sale. I have lots for trade and plenty of some later RCA studio cameras or will pay a finders fee!! Julian Burke
Old 05-16-2007, 09:40 PM
VideoKarma Member

You might try Broadcast Store. I know the one in Los Angeles has one, I personally met it. I have no idea what price they might go for though.

http://www.broadcaststore.com/store/...l.cfm?id=11522

David
Old 05-22-2007, 09:09 PM
VideoKarma Member

Not available

Again, not available. I talked to them yesterday and they said it was already sold. They didn't know how much they sold it for and also said it was an empty stage prop. One day I may find one.
Old 05-23-2007, 05:16 AM
VideoKarma Member

try contacting the head engineer at WLUK TV-11 in green bay wisconsin,I used to help their engineer with tough dog problems in the mid 90's,the head engineer showed me a a couple of large dolly's they wanted to get rid of that held TK-41's,and the Tk-41's were sitting on the floor in their storage basement at that time,he didnt know what to do with them at that time because of their size..(size of a burial casket).
who knows maybe they still have them.
I don't know who is head engineer now,just call and ask for the engineer.
Old 05-23-2007, 08:15 AM
VideoKarma Member

I called the chief engineer who has been there for over 5 years and they were gone when he got there. Sure would like to find one. I had another lead that said they had 4 coming but turned out to be TK-44's. (very common camera) If anyone out there has any leads for a TK-41, please email me direct: julianb@charter.net It is getting tough to find any of this stuff out there and I would be happy to trade something for a finders' fee. I know there are some available out there as there were quite a few across the country and because they weighed over 400 lbs made them hard to just throw away! Julian