Videokarma.org

Go Back   Videokarma.org TV - Video - Vintage Television & Radio Forums > Solid State CRT Televisions

We appreciate your help

in keeping this site going.

Old 09-08-2017, 11:07 AM
VideoKarma Member

Set ID! RCA Colortrak

I'm looking to ID the set I had as a young kid.

What I DO know is it's an RCA Colortrak, circa mid-late 80's (I could be wrong on that). Any other details anyone can provide would be awesome!

Rather than attach a single blurry photo, I've attached clear photos of what the cabinet looks like, the control panel, and the remote.

It had the fancier cabinet of the photo with the blue wall, with the control panel that juts out in the photo with the white wall. The remote was like the picture attached.

That's all the details I have. I can attach a framegrab from some home movies, but they'd be in the background of old VHS tapes. Very poor quality.

Thanks!
Attached Images
File Type: jpg Cabinet.jpg (63.3 KB, 47 views)
File Type: jpg Control Panel.jpg (56.1 KB, 48 views)
File Type: jpg Television.jpg (22.9 KB, 19 views)
Old 09-08-2017, 11:20 AM
Peanut Head

I had the nicer one that I bought in 1985. Gave me 20 years of reliable service.*

*Save for the time the tuner card had to be unplugged and reseated to clear up it's connections.

Let me live in the house beside the road and be a friend to man.
Old 09-08-2017, 12:17 PM
VideoKarma Member

After we moved and my parents upgraded to a MASSIVE 32" (At the time, anyway), the set found it's way into the basement, and became the centerpiece of 8-year-old me's video game setup. We got rid of it when we moved a second time. At that point the set would've been roughly 16 years old (accounting for a 1985 build date), and it was still in amazing condition.

Would love to have the same model be the center of my retro game area!
Old 09-11-2017, 07:42 AM
VideoKarma Member

Tv ID

The first tv I ever fixed was identical to that one. It is still in my mom's basement and still works. I can look to find the model number next time I am over there. It uses a CTC120 chassis.
Old 09-11-2017, 12:24 PM
VideoKarma Member

That would be fantastic! I'd really appreciate that!
Audiokarma
Old 09-11-2017, 06:37 PM
sampson159

i had the same set back in the 90s.nice picture and a really good performer.my mother bought a new one at kmart.it was dead right out of the box.tech replaced high voltage transformer.set lasted two days and went into a vertical problem.after that repair was about a month and a half and another transformer!set never had an even decent picture.crt was dim and gassy looking.rca took it back and she got another set but upgraded model.that was a fine,fine piece.lasted ten to twelve years and saw action almost twenty four hours a day.she sold it and bought a toshiba thirty six inch that she has today