Videokarma.org

Go Back   Videokarma.org TV - Video - Vintage Television & Radio Forums > Early B&W and Projection TV

We appreciate your help

in keeping this site going.

Old 03-03-2012, 10:03 PM
First Light: 1952-2011

Horizontal linearity is slightly off, see how the right side of the picture is slightly 'longer'? You should see if you can get the linearity fixed up and fix that shadow (which is likely neck shadow), then the picture will be very good indeed. Your cabinet looks pristine, I'd be happy to own a set that pretty.
Old 03-04-2012, 07:09 AM
Looking For Time

Quote:
Originally Posted by miniman82 View Post
Horizontal linearity is slightly off, see how the right side of the picture is slightly 'longer'? You should see if you can get the linearity fixed up and fix that shadow (which is likely neck shadow), then the picture will be very good indeed. Your cabinet looks pristine, I'd be happy to own a set that pretty.
I'm going to take a second stab at the shadow problem again at some point. Is there any thing else that I can adjust besides the ion trap and the yoke? It took me an hour of adjusting to get a reasonably bright picture and the almost full raster that you see. When I adjusted the ion trap to maximum brightness the raster was severely cut off at the bottom, and when I adjusted the ion trap for a full raster the pictures was severely dim.
I'll also give a tweak to the horizontal linearity to see if I can't get it a little closer to perfect.
Old 03-04-2012, 10:27 AM
VideoKarma Member

And another notch in his solderin' gun for The Dragonslayer.
Gauging by that crosshatch pattern, i would be happy as heck with the H.linearity as it is.
Re. the neck shadow, the yoke is slid fully up against the bell is it not? Might try flipping the ion trap end-for-end an rotating some more (if you haven't already).
Old 03-04-2012, 11:48 AM
Looking For Time

Quote:
Originally Posted by old_coot88 View Post
And another notch in his solderin' gun for The Dragonslayer.
Gauging by that crosshatch pattern, i would be happy as heck with the H.linearity as it is.
Re. the neck shadow, the yoke is slid fully up against the bell is it not? Might try flipping the ion trap end-for-end an rotating some more (if you haven't already).
The yoke is fully up the neck of the crt resting at the bell, but it seems like it needs to be slid up a bit more (which is impossible). I'll get back at it soon and do some more adjusting, it's nice to just enjoy the set for now.
I've got a video of the set up and working, it's not my greatest work. The audio is pretty low and the shot could have been closer. As soon as I get my new BT modulator this week I'll shoot a better one and post it.
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=f4TsUR4WS6o
Old 03-04-2012, 02:01 PM
RCA 741PCS

Sometimes there are two ares on the CRT neck where the ion-trap magnet will work. Use the one closer to the base. Also, you could try slipping it of the neck and flipping it around.