Videokarma.org

Go Back   Videokarma.org TV - Video - Vintage Television & Radio Forums > General Off Topic Forums

We appreciate your help

in keeping this site going.

Old 12-06-2016, 07:19 PM
Don't mess with Esther.

For daily driving I'd like a '72 Polara like the slicktop CHP unit in Dirty Mary Crazy Larry. I'd like to know what it had under the hood. It sounded awesome, total sleeper. I prefer manual shift but unfortunately those are rarely seen in big cars.
Old 12-08-2016, 06:51 PM
VideoKarma Member

Yes .Bring me back to points and condenser.Could do without computer aided engine and bother computer aided crap in cars and trucks.
Old 12-08-2016, 07:48 PM
Don't mess with Esther.

Yeah, I say leave computers at the desk. Computerized cars just encourage careless driving. Also, mobile browsing is cumbersome at best and phone cameras suck. I read that I'm of the last generation whose baby pictures were not taken with a cell phone. I hope data plans are never forced on those who want a cell phone only for talking.
Old 12-09-2016, 10:23 AM
VideoKarma Member

I miss old 35mm cameras and camcorder's.These new digital cameras and camcorders are garbage.Especially those Nikon Coolpix and other collapsible lens cameras .They never stay in focus and collect lint and dust inside the lens and the CCD pickup.The current camcorders are just as bad with the crappy focusing.My 2005 Sony DV camera was pretty good with quick focusing.Maybe the $600 buck range or more cameras are better and crisper but at this time I cant get one.
Old 12-09-2016, 10:28 AM
VideoKarma Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by Jon A. View Post
Yeah, I say leave computers at the desk. Computerized cars just encourage careless driving. Also, mobile browsing is cumbersome at best and phone cameras suck. I read that I'm of the last generation whose baby pictures were not taken with a cell phone. I hope data plans are never forced on those who want a cell phone only for talking.
Some of the newer cell phone pix are not that bad.I only pet peeve with cellphone camera pix taking is please turn the cellphone the right way before taking video and photos.I'm tired watching those narrow vision cellphone videos on YT.
Audiokarma
Old 12-09-2016, 10:38 AM
VideoKarma Member

Old electronics mags without the digital crap projects which they started to get into in the late 1980's and 1990's.
Old 12-11-2016, 08:13 PM
Slave to 1 Cat

Quote:
Originally Posted by centralradio View Post
Yea .I'm a few years older .I do remember it happens with all generations .

My dad said the same that he can not stand the camera shakiness on shows plus Discovery channels quick edits .What drive me nuts now is these speeded up Youtube videos when they squeeze the whole or segment piece of video into the users Youtube video running time limit.
I hate that too, he actors voices sound like speeded up chipmunks. I remember they had a 10 minute limit and then removed it, I don't know how much it is now but that's why people split the videos up into parts to get around that.
Old 12-11-2016, 09:07 PM
Don't mess with Esther.

Quote:
Originally Posted by centralradio View Post
I miss old 35mm cameras and camcorder's.These new digital cameras and camcorders are garbage.Especially those Nikon Coolpix and other collapsible lens cameras .They never stay in focus and collect lint and dust inside the lens and the CCD pickup.The current camcorders are just as bad with the crappy focusing.My 2005 Sony DV camera was pretty good with quick focusing.Maybe the $600 buck range or more cameras are better and crisper but at this time I cant get one.
My Canon PowerShot Elph 340 HS is pretty good. It has a 16 MP CCD, 12x optical zoom, full 1080p video recording, wifi and a nifty handheld night scene function among other things. It's an updated version of my last camera, the 330 HS which went down due to a motherboard failure. They were known for battery connection issues anyway, and I often smacked mine against my hand to get rid of erroneous battery errors that would prevent it from starting. That was probably the beginning of the end for that camera because one slip to a bus floor and it was goodnight Sally. I had some struggles with lighting when using the 330, but I never learned to use exposure compensation.

My Polaroid i532 digicam and the Kodak Easyshare, now they sucked, especially the Kodak which went back to the store.