Videokarma.org

Go Back   Videokarma.org TV - Video - Vintage Television & Radio Forums > Early Color Television

We appreciate your help

in keeping this site going.

Old 07-07-2005, 09:36 AM
jackson

The ironic thing is that many of the flat panel sets look like crap. Weak colors, and poor contrast.
Old 07-07-2005, 10:54 AM
VideoKarma Member

What I don't like about the flat panel tv's is that the pictures are grainy...like it's made up of digital blocks, like "real video" on the internet. Have seen this effect even on the big screen plasma TV's.
Old 07-07-2005, 03:14 PM
Surrounded by old stuff

Does Sony still manufacture CRTs here in America, or did that leave? My Dad has an older Sony 17" Trinitron Computer monitor and the CRT is American made (The only monitor I've ever seen with an American CRT), I have a newer Sony 17" Trinitron from 2002 and the CRT is from Singapore, I thought Sony was one of the last companies to make their CRTs here.
Old 07-07-2005, 06:36 PM
VideoKarma Member

Last edited by andy; 12-06-2021 at 10:59 AM.
Old 07-07-2005, 07:02 PM
Surrounded by old stuff

I saw a box for a Panasonic Plasma TV in the alley, and it said the TV was assembled in the USA.
Audiokarma
Old 07-08-2005, 10:08 AM
Slave to 1 Cat

Quote:
Originally Posted by maxm
Does Sony still manufacture CRTs here in America, or did that leave? My Dad has an older Sony 17" Trinitron Computer monitor and the CRT is American made (The only monitor I've ever seen with an American CRT), I have a newer Sony 17" Trinitron from 2002 and the CRT is from Singapore, I thought Sony was one of the last companies to make their CRTs here.
I think they manufacture 25"/26" inch CRT's and up here in Pennsylvania at their New Stanton plant which used to be where VW made their Rabbit. As to job losses and stuff, don't get me started, I'll explode and go on all day about it.
Old 07-08-2005, 11:21 AM
VideoKarma Member

Hate to keep things off track, but was just reading in a trade magazine a profile of a garage in another part of the state. Their janitor is a new immigrant from China who used to teach at a vo-tech over there. His wife helps him, she was an obsetrician in China! Tickled to death to be here, sweeping floors in this shop, said they never want to go back.