Videokarma.org

Go Back   Videokarma.org TV - Video - Vintage Television & Radio Forums > Antique phonographs

We appreciate your help

in keeping this site going.

Prev Previous Post   Next Post Next
Old 11-28-2017, 03:57 PM
VideoKarma Member

Vm 1245/1266

Greetings!

Recently picked up an old Fisher console dug out of my grandparents basement. The TV and related wiring has been disposed of, but the tube amps, am/fm Hi-Fi, and turntable are still there. The original tube amps and speakers are also there. I know some of the tubes are clearly missing and I don't want to get into a rebuild on those right now. In the meantime, I've purchased a tube pre-amp for phono and a small SS amp to play through the speakers (2-10s, 2-4in mids, & 2-3in tweets).

My question is for all the VM experts: on the bottom of the player is a flat plug with 3 wires running to the tube amp. I need to know what these 3 wires actually do (red, black, & white). I have separate RCA connections for line out, so I'm guessing they are for power? Please advise.....I don't want to blow anything up! I ordered a service manual from The Voice of Music, but it doesn't specify the information I'm looking for. Thanks for helping.