Videokarma.org

Go Back   Videokarma.org TV - Video - Vintage Television & Radio Forums > Introductions

We appreciate your help

in keeping this site going.

Old 11-15-2012, 03:22 PM
VideoKarma Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by Bill R View Post
Greetings from the flat end of the state. I am in Jackson, between Memphis and Nashville. I grew up in Memphis then moved to Jackson with my job at the time. I am into color tv from the early 60's. Once you get outside Memphis or Nashville there is very little difference in Tennessee country folks. Welcome to VK.
I am familiar with Jackson. I was born in a little place called Sommerville down your way. Then as a kid we went to Tuscon AZ around 69 and then back to middle TN around 71. As far as Jackson goes is that where the Casey Jones Museum is? If so there was a great place to eat there in the 80s. A buddy of mine was from there and needed his car tags updated. We drove down there and he took me to this place off the square. It was a pool hall and bar I think I was under 21 but they mainly served lunch them. He said they had the best burgers in the world . I got one and it was one of the best ones I ever had.
Old 11-15-2012, 03:58 PM
Spiteful Old Cuss

Yeah, you have a shop To DIE For, as the kids would say...I'd LOVE to build me a building, say 50 X 100, w/the downstairs a garage/shop for my Lincolns, & a place to work on them, & the upstairs would be my Mancave, full of my Boatanchors, TVs, guns, & other chit, w/an apartment...
Old 11-15-2012, 05:53 PM
VideoKarma Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by Sandy G View Post
Yeah, you have a shop To DIE For, as the kids would say...I'd LOVE to build me a building, say 50 X 100, w/the downstairs a garage/shop for my Lincolns, & a place to work on them, & the upstairs would be my Mancave, full of my Boatanchors, TVs, guns, & other chit, w/an apartment...
I tore down about 5 buildings to get enough lumber to build it. To pay for the stuff I had to buy I got some junk computers from a buddy who gave them to me, I then bought monitors from him for 50, bought parts to fix them up then sold them for 150 for a 50 dollar profit. I wound up with about 2200 bucks in it with a building 30x52. I could probably fill one twice the size in six months. I wanted a shop so bad that I did it, all for cash too.
Old 12-17-2012, 05:38 PM
Gimpus Stereophilus!

I live 50 miles from Chattanooga in Athens. Knoxville is 50 miles the other direction northward. Welcome to VK, you are among friends. Zenith spoken here.
Old 12-17-2012, 08:16 PM
VideoKarma Member

Thanks Kent. I was in Athens a few years ago. I had a old Scotty camper given to me if I would pick it up. Seems like there is a gas station I stopped at there. I picked it up in Etowah. I really had a good time. I was in a 98 sunfire pulling a small 13 ft camping trailer that looked like it was going to fall apart. Nice area. I would like to make my way over there again. I want to find a TV shop sign so maybe I can look over there.
Audiokarma