Videokarma.org

Go Back   Videokarma.org TV - Video - Vintage Television & Radio Forums > Early Color Television

We appreciate your help

in keeping this site going.

Prev Previous Post   Next Post Next
Old 07-01-2011, 03:07 AM
"Book em Dano!"

New Roundie sets scored

Damen from Portland contacted me about an estate sale in Seattle and wanted to know if I would like to go. This was Tuesday night and the the sale was on Thursday. He sent me the link and what I saw was the best estate sale ever!! Roundies, Roundies, roundies!!! All kinds of equipment, CRT's, radios etc. I of course said OK. I left from Caldwell, I and made the 400 mile trip to Portland. We left Portland at 4:30 Am the next morning and drove 190 miles. We arrived about an hour after the sale started. We immediately went into the garage where the CRT's were located and purchased all 5 21" round CRT's for $20( all tested good except for 1 which will be looked at since the filaments wont light). After we were granted entrance into the house we headed toward the tV'S. They were scattered all over and stacked up. We bought all the roundie color sets except 1 RCA combo. We had no room for it and felt bad for leaving there. For $120, we got a 1956 or 1957 RCA color set with a good crt and CTC-5B chassis, 1 zenith color set with good crt, 1 maggie combo with a crt that went to air, 1 admiral 23" tabletop remote set with good crt and remote, 1 rca parts set with a good 23" CRT and chassis, 1 RCA swivel color tv with good crt, 1 21" colcor rca tabletop color tv and 1 RCA 21" color console with good crt. Some pictures will be posted but wont be able to post more until I get home tomorrow. Damen and I will keep you up to date on any progress we make with the sets. it was a long trip but well wotrh the effort.
Attached Images
File Type: jpg DSC03200.jpg (80.3 KB, 119 views)

Last edited by mstaton; 12-19-2011 at 11:56 PM.