Videokarma.org

Go Back   Videokarma.org TV - Video - Vintage Television & Radio Forums > Early Color Television

We appreciate your help

in keeping this site going.

Old 08-04-2010, 09:59 PM
Administrator

OK, who's spreading the BS around?

Not sure what the problem is with this guy?

Here's the thread on this set http://www.videokarma.org/showthread.php?t=248135

Here's the set on eBay: http://cgi.ebay.com/RCA-CT-100-Numbe...item43a0d41a8f

Last edited by Eric H; 08-04-2010 at 11:49 PM.
Old 08-04-2010, 10:49 PM
VideoKarma Member

The seller has inhaled too much paint/varnish. FAIL

No one in their right mind would buy something with that language in the item description. Some people just dont understand how their poor attitude and ignorance hold them back in the world.

As for VK its free press.

Last edited by ctc17; 08-05-2010 at 12:24 AM.
Old 08-04-2010, 10:56 PM
VideoKarma Member

Don't know who is spreading the BS, but this dude seems to have ingested a bunch of it.

Seems a tad bit ambitious with his appraisal of the sets value given its poor condition.

I imaging he will be holding onto that set for a while - I can't believe any serious CTC 2B collector would pay anywhere near what he wants for the set.
Old 08-04-2010, 11:56 PM
First Light: 1952-2011

And people still don't seem to understand that it doesn't have the original chassis, it's a 2B...

Hey Eric, stop spreading excrement! lol
Old 08-05-2010, 12:00 AM
VideoKarma Member

Yah, I'm a little confused. It's like he's arguing, but there's noone else in the room.

Phil
Audiokarma
Old 08-05-2010, 12:41 AM
First Light: 1952-2011

I've gotta say though, I really do have to see this from his side. I've heard stories from other collectors about the lengths they would go to even to get something like a later roundie, so I can only imagine the amount of (negative) attention he's received about this set. Call this a rant, but... It's time for a reality check.

I've heard of people stabbing fellow collectors in the back, I've heard stories of strongarm tactics, lies and all the rest and I gotta say: all of it disgusts me. Anyone here who has done those things should be ashamed to be part of this hobby, and I know there are a few here (some by first name). There seems to be no shame at times when it comes to getting that elusive set you've always wanted, but that does not give you the green light to cross all lines trying to get your way. The sad thing is that some of the people I'm talking about have more rare sets than ETF does, yet their need seems insatiable. At some point I do think it becomes hoarding, and takes all the fun out of collecting for others who are interested.

Take me, for example. I nearly left this hobby before I even got started because of some of the things I just mentioned. I may still leave if I get the impression that the attitude is not changing, because I will not associate with people who lie and cheat to get their way. That said, I would like to sincerely thank those who have gone out of their way to help me. Mark, Doug, oldtvnut, ect. Know that I perceive you to be in the minority at this point, and your help has been very much appreciated. I'm not a superstitious man, but I do believe that one's 'karma' comes back to them in due time. Mine certainly has.
Old 08-05-2010, 01:27 AM
Administrator

I don't know what may have happened behind the scenes but in the thread here it seems it was treated fairly and openly.

There was some criticism about his asking price but considering how high it was I think that's to be expected.

If he gets what he's asking for it now I guess we can all have a heaping helping of Crow but I'll be surprised if he does barring a major breakthrough in cheap & reliable 15GP22 rebuilds.

Then again in a world where a 621TS fetches $2800 anything is possible, but at least those were in good shape and can be fixed.
Old 08-05-2010, 03:38 AM
VideoKarma Member

It's like he is using karma as an ad !!!!

The way his item reads ; it is as though this place

(VK)

is a giant trampoline and we are the 'TRAP' ,that he is jumping up and down on !
Old 08-05-2010, 04:03 AM
VideoKarma Member

What a misleading title on his auction - isn't that a no-no in eBayland?
Old 08-05-2010, 06:04 AM
Spiteful Old Cuss

Guy has some hostility issues, anyway...
Old 08-05-2010, 08:49 AM
VideoKarma Member

If the set were closer I would definately like to have a hands on look at it - a CT 100 is 1 of the 3 set I really would like to aquire - and the matching cabinet numbers are intriguing - and the chassis needs to be verified -but still I believe the asking price is out of line, although the seller may get it - we have all seen items, not just televisions, sell for far more than they should fetch.
Old 08-05-2010, 09:14 AM
<-- "Byron"

The ol' "I don't need you, you need me" attitude.
Old 08-05-2010, 10:32 AM
VideoKarma Member

seems a bit agressive.
Old 08-05-2010, 10:40 AM
sampson159

maybe he should ignore negative comments and concentrate on getting this sold.when you have to retort back at something,it shows ignorance and possible deception.starting bid wayyyyy too high and may have scared off a potential buyer.i have noticed that ebayers tend to raise the stakes at the very end of an auction.start out at 100.00 and see how it goes.i dont like the 5-6 day auctions either.when i am ready to buy,i want it now when i m in the mood.then i might find something i like more and lose interest.
there is a ct100 here in columbus.it is beautiful and was purchased from an auction of a former repair shop owner who passed on.picture looks very nice and sharp.it was restored electronically back in the mid 80s by an old timer who was one of the first "color"techs here.the finish was reflowed and looks good as new.it was in his collection and is currently in climate controlled storage.now this one is a 5000.00 dollars set!
Old 08-05-2010, 11:33 AM
Convergence freak!

What a shame. I think on the principle that even though I haven't met most of you guys face to face, you all really seem to be a great bunch and makes me happy to have come across AK/VK. I don't think that whatever happened between this dude on the bay and whomever he has been in contact with on VK meant to offend. I have not found anyone on here that seems to be greedy or a liar. Think the guy just has a wrong impression of someone here. You guys know your stuff (especially the ones that own a CT-100) that have been around them first hand. And if something just doesn't seem correct about the chassis, then why would we lie to the guy. We are just trying to help him out. (If I were him I would keep it and fix it up for myself)