Videokarma.org

Go Back   Videokarma.org TV - Video - Vintage Television & Radio Forums > Early Color Television

We appreciate your help

in keeping this site going.

Old 11-14-2009, 12:58 AM
VideoKarma Member

You are right, Andy. But current owner has a house FULL of vintage TVs, and virtually none of 'em work! Where is the fun in that?
Old 11-14-2009, 01:14 AM
VideoKarma Member

Steve,

That receiver could be a daily watcher. Exceptional photos and the convergence is really tight.
Nice job. Don't hurt yourself getting it back into the owner's home.

-Steve D.
Old 11-14-2009, 09:34 AM
Bob Galanter

Great Job Steve! And I thought I had persistance.....You are a marathon runner and I am a sprinter compared to you.

Wonderful to see this opperating. So neat; so rare!

New Web Site under developement
ME http://AntiqueTvGuy.com
Old 11-14-2009, 10:28 AM
REAL TVs have TUBES!

Awesome job well done! When's moving day? I might have to volunteer... If it's going back where it was, is it going to be tilted & squeezed between the house & the bushes to the back yard, then in the patio door? If not, it'll have to go overhead through the front! Oh boy; the thought of it alone...... Also, Steve, maybe you should thank me for still not having delivered a huge 27" Magnavox comobo that (Westinghouse owner) asked me to temporarily stick in a garage at a house in Chatsworth... (Oops, let me sneak that over and stick it in that room before you get the chance to put the Westinghouse back )

Quote:
Originally Posted by John Folsom View Post
You are right, Andy. But current owner has a house FULL of vintage TVs, and virtually none of 'em work! Where is the fun in that?
I've restored or repaired a dozen or two of his favorites, including his DuMont 30" Royal Sovereign, and a CTC-5, and odds & ends. He's into the design and the period of time that the TVs represent to him. He was in high school in the early 60s, and was very fascinated with color TV. He approached me in the early 1980s trying to find a 50s color set, but wound up buying a Magnavox 21" roundie combo in the late 80s, which started his collection. He still has his parents' Motorola 23EGP22 color set too. His interest expanded into other TV sets later on, especially when I was moving to a smaller place, and he bought 100 or so sets from my collection, including several 15" color sets, this Westinghouse, and some 19" CBS sets, etc. He actually has a dozen or so of my sets at his house, which I don't have room for, and he's keeping them in good shape for me. He's a very true collector, and has absolutely no profiteering motives in buying vintage TVs, as (sadly) some "collectors" have been known to do in the past. He's never sold a TV set whatsoever, in the 25 years I've known him.

Charles
Old 11-14-2009, 01:59 PM
Gizmo Nut

That is just an awesome set. Very interesting read here.
Audiokarma