Videokarma.org

Go Back   Videokarma.org TV - Video - Vintage Television & Radio Forums > Things with Motors

We appreciate your help

in keeping this site going.

Prev Previous Post   Next Post Next
Old 03-20-2017, 02:58 PM
M is for Memory

I swapped out the relay then the starter yesterday. I could not initially find the starter, and was trying to check if the relay was firing. I pulled the relay had some one crank it and plugged the relay in and it started...I swapped the relay for a new one thinking it was the cause and then it would not start again...At that point I found the starter motor and was able to confirm correct crank voltages to it while it was refusing to crank. Swapped in a new motor (amazing it costs as much as the one in my Lincoln despite being under half the size), and it now seems to be starting reliably (knock on wood). Check engine light is back out too(IIRC this car leaves it on till the engine starts). The old starter had one of the big terminals on the plastic terminal board rip out as I was removing it.

They gave a decent amount of space to work on it, but it still is awfully cramped. A few times I wished I had an air wrench where the bolt was nice and loose, but the ratchet only had 2-4 clicks of swinging range...That is the kind of work that cramps one's whole arm especially in ~45 degrees.
The back ache from servicing a friend's TV Saturday flowed right into Sunday and got fed then.

Zenith: The quality stays in EVEN after the name falls off!
What I want. --> http://www.videokarma.org/showpost.p...62&postcount=4

Last edited by Electronic M; 03-20-2017 at 03:06 PM.