Videokarma.org

Go Back   Videokarma.org TV - Video - Vintage Television & Radio Forums > Television Broadcast Gear

We appreciate your help

in keeping this site going.

Old 03-13-2013, 04:40 PM
VideoKarma Member

hi macdx chuck is a lucky man i am after a MK4 and parts for my MK7
Old 03-13-2013, 07:59 PM
VideoKarma Member

Few inaccuracies on the spreadsheet so will clarify:

Studio Cameras in the collection:

- Marconi Mark 8's - 3 Heads (Two "B" models, one not) 2 lenses, Two CCU's and 3 PSU's

PSU on one works as does CCU but heads all suffer from the faulty camera PSU module so seeking someone with repair knowledge able to repair these. Camera cable (1) in poor condition so seeking a small length of a known "good cable".

- Marconi Mark IV = 1 Head (ex ABCTV, and in turn possibly ex BBC. ) 1 PSU and 1x CCU silver boxes. Missing control panel or cables. Tally lamp missing, viewfinder hood missing, focus spinner missing. Camera and CCU/PSU in excellent shape internally, except for heater fan plastic rotted and the turrent change belt, rotted away/missing.

- PYE MK III (later 50's model, two fan design) 2 x heads, 2x PSU's, 2x CCU's with round screen. (ex ATV england OB van switchable 405line to 525lines, then used by CTC7 canberra, australia) One head is virtually complete, other is cannibalised and suitable for prop only.

- RCA TK45B, 2x Heads, 2x CCU's and 3 PSU's, all appears complete, one camera is ex CTC7 canberra, other is ex ATV10 nunawading, possibly news studio. Was used up until 1995, at least one camera should be working. Long and short box lenses part of collection

- RCA TK60 - 2x Heads ONLY, (ex USA 525line cameras i had imported) complete internally and in good condition complete with orthicons.

- RCA TK-22 (telecine camera) missing CCU or cables, head ONLY

- RCA TK76 (NTSC ex NBC cameras, imported to the collection)
3x heads, only two lenses!, most work but need tweaking. 2x are later models with bent handle, one is an early model with straighter handle.

- Sony BVP-370 3CCD studio cameras - ex Nine Network, and Global Television
2x Heads 2x CCU/PSU, missing TRIAX, and Canon Box Lense - please help!! these may still work!!

- RCA TP-66 (one) (Telecine Projector) 25fps PAL version, complete and working condition, still in use coupled with a modern imaging device for transfer work.

- RCA Tp-7 Slide projector (one)

Assorted ENG cameras, 3 tube cameras.....

Lenses of note:

- 1x Taylor & Hobson VAROTAL 1 (zoom box lense to suit PYE camera)
- Taylor & Hobson Studio Varotal 2 (zoom lense suitable for PYE mount)

Well that covers most of the major things but i certainly am at the stage where i am starting to loose track of whats there and what isnt! - certainly many bits that are missing either cosmetic or otherwise that are badly needed to complete a chain, even just for display. I'm at the stage where i am limited what i can do with a lot of it due to weight and other electronic complexities and really need someone locally in melbourne who can work with me in getting these going or restored. If you know of anyone or are local and reading this then please get in touch at james@oldtvgear.com

Likewise if you are a colleector and want to keep in touch or like me seeking parts (we all have our want lists!) we can see what we can do to help each other

Last edited by austvarchive; 10-25-2014 at 06:45 AM.
Old 03-14-2013, 12:52 PM
VideoKarma Member

hi Xdcam i can send you the xl file if you send me your email address of forum paul b
Old 03-19-2013, 02:19 PM
VideoKarma Member

Hi all I am still learning about this site can someone please explain why I cannot open attachments on the site that I have put on the site and is there a file store on this site for useful information Paul B
Old 03-19-2013, 05:28 PM
VideoKarma Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by Paul B View Post
Hi all I am still learning about this site can someone please explain why I cannot open attachments on the site that I have put on the site and is there a file store on this site for useful information Paul B
Your Marconi Camera Count attachment works fine Paul .
Audiokarma
Old 03-20-2013, 04:54 PM
VideoKarma Member

Question how to open an atached .doc

OK XD cam but I cannot open it so I require an idiots set of instructions
Could you please confirm that you have?
2 MK VIII Heads & 3 MK VIII Channels
Then we might brake the 100 by the end of the month also dues this require a new thread called Marconi Camera Count and do we include MK IX
Regards Paul B
Old 03-21-2013, 04:38 PM
VideoKarma Member

I have got ! Mk 8A /1 Mk 8B,s Complete 2 Heads missing boards (Mk 8B )
Mk IV 2 Chains A/J Models (A is Ex BBC TVC )

Just made Camera Count Account .We Should include MK IX .

Last edited by XDCAM; 03-22-2013 at 07:39 PM.
Old 03-19-2014, 04:31 PM
VideoKarma Member

- One Marconi Mk8 B

It with Great Sadness , I've got to report the Dumping of a Marconi 8 MKB (Not Mine with spear parts). The owner, only saw Big Money & was a Arse .That means the Count Goes - One Marconi Mk8 B .
Old 03-23-2014, 04:14 PM
VideoKarma Member

hi my count is Marconi MK 8's
Australia 2 Heads only 3 Cam Chain
New Zeeland 3 Heads only 3 Cam Chain
UK 4 Heads only 13 Cam Chain
total of 38 cam heads or compleat cam chains
Paul B

Last edited by Paul B; 03-23-2014 at 05:50 PM.
Old 04-19-2014, 07:21 AM
VideoKarma Member

- Australia has at least (in my collection) 3 heads, but only two complete chains

there are possibly a few others around, and at least one in the powerhouse musuem collection in sydney.
Audiokarma
Old 05-27-2014, 02:04 PM
VideoKarma Member

The Museum of Broadcast Technology in Woonsocket (US) has a single MK VIII camera, sans CCU. I don't know if it is an A or B model. It came from WKY-TV. If anyone has a CCU, let us know.

Didn't the CBC have some in Montreal(?)

I believe this camera had a wideband green channel, wavelength shifted, much like the Fernseh KCu/KCK models. An engineer from Marconi called it "gruminance."

Where were the MK IXs sold?