Videokarma.org

Go Back   Videokarma.org TV - Video - Vintage Television & Radio Forums > Early Color Television

We appreciate your help

in keeping this site going.

Old 08-09-2007, 06:10 PM
Hagstar

Quote:
Originally Posted by Phil Nelson View Post
Don't be too discouraged. She may change her mind if she phones around and learns that it would not be cheap to hire someone to professionally restore it to safe and reliable working condition.

Thanks Phil (and everyone), but I'm certain she has NO intention of restoring it. It worked when it was put down there twenty years ago, she simply likes that it's there, period. After meeting a host of pat rack types over the years I quickly sized this one up as a hard case. She has no issues with over ten grand each year in lost rent on a large apartment one bedroom of which houses her magazine collection. I will follow up though for awhile.

Since these roundies are beautiful on the INSIDE and I don't think I'll ever have more than two or so I'm not in too much of a hurry. Almost no one knows these matter yet, whereas everyone's known about radio collectibles for a long time. So even though they are rare I figure I can find one or two that are easier to catch

John H.
Old 08-11-2007, 09:03 AM
I drank what?!?

Quote:
Originally Posted by Hagstar View Post
So these flybacks don't catch fire though, right? I remember well our 1969 Zenith color set smoking up in '71.
I remember we had a mid-late 60's RCA console set my dad drug home when he worked at the old RCA plant in Bloomington. He had the back off of it about as much as we watched it. One day, smoke started bellowing out the back and burst into flames. It was replaced with a Zeinith later that day (or a day or two later.) Flyback? I dunno. I wanted to get some marsh mellows...
Old 08-11-2007, 09:05 AM
I drank what?!?

Are there any more desireable 60's color roundies to look for, are is it 'grab one when you find one'? I put another post up asking but no responses yet.
Old 08-11-2007, 09:13 AM
Spiteful Old Cuss

The older, the more desirable, I guess. But roundies are getting old enough & scarce enough now that about ANY of 'em is a Target of opportunity...