Videokarma.org

Go Back   Videokarma.org TV - Video - Vintage Television & Radio Forums > Flat Panels & Digital Format

We appreciate your help

in keeping this site going.

Old 12-30-2012, 07:26 PM
VideoKarma Member

'06 Sony KD-32FS170 Wega SDTV

Yesterday, a lady called to see if I wanted her 2006 32" Sony TV that died earlier that day. She said they were watching it when the picture suddenly collapsed to a single horizontal line. They replaced it with a 50something inch RCA LCD that will probably turn out to be a mistake.

Anyway, when I power up the set, the HV comes up and then the front LED blinks four times; which, I think is the code for vertical deflection failure.

Hopefully, it will be a simple fix like a bad vertical IC, bad caps, or bad solder connections.

Since this TV has a built-in digital tuner, it might be tempting to keep it; but, who knows what I'll do with it. Converting it to money also sounds nice.

Last edited by radiotvnut; 12-30-2012 at 11:29 PM.
Old 02-27-2013, 02:10 PM
VideoKarma Member

I finally got around to opening this and the vertical IC is cracked and buldged out the front; so, it's obvious that it's bad. The type number is STV9325 and the Sony part number is 6-708-394-01. There is no NTE substitute for this part and the usual vendors that I do business with (mouser, mcm, mat electronics) either have no record of this part or they claim that it's obsolete/NLA. Does anyone know of any other part number that would work or any other vendor who might have this IC?

I have not checked any other parts; but, I fully expect to find a bad capacitor and/or a bad diode that caused this IC to pop. In working on a lot of later model TV's, I find that the IC's themselves are usually very reliable and when they fail, it's usually because they had help from a bad cap or other part.
Old 02-27-2013, 02:42 PM
VideoKarma Member

They are available on eBay

http://www.ebay.com/sch/i.html?_trks...at=0&_from=R40
Old 02-27-2013, 04:10 PM
VideoKarma Member

I also found D585, a zener diode, to be leaky. I don't know what value diode this is and any markings that may be on the diode are too small to see.
Old 02-27-2013, 10:00 PM
jbattles

I have kv32fs213 for parts the crt is toast but it plays if you can use the chassis for parts I will ship the chassis to you. let me know if you can use it.
Audiokarma
Old 02-27-2013, 10:24 PM
VideoKarma Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by jbattles View Post
I have kv32fs213 for parts the crt is toast but it plays if you can use the chassis for parts I will ship the chassis to you. let me know if you can use it.
Thank you. I'll PM you with my address.

I looked again and it may be D595. The 9 looks like it may be smudged to look like an 8. Here's a picture of the area where the diode is. The heatsink is for the vertical IC and the diode with one leg lifted is the one in question.

Old 01-15-2014, 06:59 AM
VideoKarma Member

Did you ever fix that television Just wondering so . I bet if its a DA4 chassis from sony it also use the d chips too like mine .Did you type that chip number in on google website to see what you come up with .

Check this out on amazon.com

http://www.amazon.com/Sony-Integrate.../dp/B001DGS3KE
Old 01-15-2014, 07:02 AM
VideoKarma Member

also oem part from sony on eBay .

http://www.ebay.com/itm/ST-STV9325-V...item5401349f2f
Old 03-13-2014, 06:24 PM
VideoKarma Member

Well, I finally got around to ordering the vertical IC for this Sony and it should be here in a few days.

Today, a lady gave me a KV-20FV300 that also had a vertical failure. The vertical IC, an AN5522, was also bad, along with the 220uf boost cap that often fails in many brands and takes the IC with it. The cap measured 180uf with high ESR. I'm waiting on an IC for that one (it was only $4.99 with free shipping from ebay and they claim it's a Matsushita original). Someone scratched off the date on the back of the set; but, I'm guessing it's from the early 2000's.
Old 03-31-2014, 07:31 PM
VideoKarma Member

This one is going to the dump, as well. I replaced the vertical IC in this set and it comes on with HV and blinks 4 times. When I press the power button again, a dim, blurry raster appears before going dead. I've gambled $7 on it; and, frankly, I don't want to screw with it anymore because if I were to fix the TV, it would just sit here unsold. So, it goes out to the street for bulky waste pickup.

I'm starting not to like these newer Sony's. This makes the second one that has had multiple problems and I have two more Sony Wega's that are going to the dump as soon as I can drag them out.
Audiokarma