Videokarma.org

Go Back   Videokarma.org TV - Video - Vintage Television & Radio Forums > Early Color Television

We appreciate your help

in keeping this site going.

Old 02-17-2005, 08:41 PM
Dead from the neck up

My 16 is almost done.

After much bullXXXX with hack repairs, a totally misaligned set and lack of time, my 16 is back on the round tube. I still need to do a good convergence and get the purity right and other things we all do on our restorations.

The cabinet here will be trashed after i refinish the original. The photo finish is totally knackered. I will save the bezel for anyone here that may need one. I'll throw in a couple of screen shots. The one of Archie and Gloria is before i found yet another bad connection. The one of just the screen is after I clip-leaded it. I will work some more on it tomorrow. I'll update the site tonight.
Old 02-18-2005, 12:30 AM
On Land

Dave,

That picture is lookin really good! Sure is a shame about the cabinet... it has a neat style to it... very retro. Is the other cabinet you plan using the same, or a different style?

He who dies with the most toys still dies.
Old 02-18-2005, 05:18 PM
Dead from the neck up

It's a different style. The cabinet in question is real wood. I'll need to knock down the grain and relaqour it. I guess it may be calssified as colonial. When I can get north, I'll get it and snap some pictures.